Which exotic to introduce first?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jacoblopez View Post
    How're they supposed to reproduce if there are no females?
    That's the point. They won't reproduce and you can easily get rid of them if you later change your mind about having exotics. I own several different exotics and I'd definitely do things differently if I could start over.

Comment

Instead of just picking something and throwing it out there, I'd consult a wildlife biologist and ask them. They can go and get a better picture of what's there, and what can be introduced without messing up the whitetail herd.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
        None...
        That’s too many

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
          Blackbucks reproduce very quick. You have to harvest a bunch every year.
          That's good! I need the BB population on our lease to hurry up and grow. I want one bad!

Comment

Originally posted by WBT View Post
            I'd buy 10-20 axis males of different ages and put them out there.
            Yep. Shoot them as they get old and huge!
            Or buy a few bucks and does and plan on killing them like I do pigs.

Comment

Lol, they were crazy thick on your place. I've never seen that many at one time

Comment

Yes, and they help you get a AG exemption,PLUS you have a target rich environment for the grandkids to come shoot or dart and take to auction
                Mature Blackbuck will kill younger for dominance. Always a risk, as with any investment. Axis and Sika will chase whitetail from feeders in my experience but get along good with other exotics.

Comment

I would pick an exotic that wouldn't compete for the same food source and browse. I know that there are a couple that prefer alternate food sources. Ask a couple of the big ranch guys on here. Ask Encinal. He has some good information.

Comment

Nilgai

- I don’t chase dreams, I HUNT goals

Comment

Dancers

Comment

Working...
                      X