Night vision scope recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Night vision scope recommendations

I’m looking for recommendations and personal experiences with night vision scopes. What would you recommend? Scope will be strictly for hog hunting. It will be spending part of its time on an AR-10 308 and the other part on a .35 Remington lever action. Also thermal is out of the question as I’m not trying to spend that kind of money to plink hogs.

If you're going to be shooing mostly under 100 yards, the Sightmark Wraith HD 2x for $499 is THE way to go. The Wraith HD is the #1 selling NV scope on the market 2 years running and for good reason. Full color during the daylight, black and white at night, really good image quality, simple to use, takes 4 AA batteries and the IR illuminator that comes with it will let you see 150-200 yards right out of the box. Add a $175 Sniper Hog Light kit to it and you can see 400+ yards.

The 2x model is new for the fall and I highly prefer it for hog hunting over the 4x magnification model. The 4x is great for a lot of 100+ yard shooting but the FOV is very tight for close ranges.

I have both models in stock. I also have a very few of the 2x models that had damaged boxes and Sightmark made us a deal to sell them for 10% off at $449. They are 100% brand new, perfect condition, full warranty, just no outer box, just the foam encasing the scope is there. We also have them in the box for the regular $499.

We take the confusion out of night vision and thermal optics. We've helped thousands of customers find the optic that is right for their specific situation. At Outdoor Legacy we pride ourselves on offering honest, unbiased pre-purchase advice and customer service after the sale. Have questions? Call us (877)350-1818

Jason

Comment

Solid advice from Jason.

Comment

Originally posted by RingSteel View Post
        Solid advice from Jason.
        X2

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
          If you're going to be shooing mostly under 100 yards, the Sightmark Wraith HD 2x for $499 is THE way to go. The Wraith HD is the #1 selling NV scope on the market 2 years running and for good reason. Full color during the daylight, black and white at night, really good image quality, simple to use, takes 4 AA batteries and the IR illuminator that comes with it will let you see 150-200 yards right out of the box. Add a $175 Sniper Hog Light kit to it and you can see 400+ yards.

The 2x model is new for the fall and I highly prefer it for hog hunting over the 4x magnification model. The 4x is great for a lot of 100+ yard shooting but the FOV is very tight for close ranges.

I have both models in stock. I also have a very few of the 2x models that had damaged boxes and Sightmark made us a deal to sell them for 10% off at $449. They are 100% brand new, perfect condition, full warranty, just no outer box, just the foam encasing the scope is there. We also have them in the box for the regular $499.

We take the confusion out of night vision and thermal optics. We've helped thousands of customers find the optic that is right for their specific situation. At Outdoor Legacy we pride ourselves on offering honest, unbiased pre-purchase advice and customer service after the sale. Have questions? Call us (877)350-1818

Jason
          pm sent!

Comment

Thanks fellas!

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

great advice! Just understand you will be disappointed when you look thru something more expensive

Comment

Just ordered the 2x from OL.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                    great advice! Just understand you will be disappointed when you look thru something more expensive
                    Or not.

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                      Or not.
                      It's true lol.

Ask me how I know. Several buddies bought the same scopes

Comment

I have like 400.00 and something in Cabela’s gift cards. And I swear every thing I go there to buy, they don’t have. I was going to cash them in on the wraith 2-14 and of course all they carry are the 4-32. Which I don’t need, I would mount it to a pcp air rifle to pop coons at the house and shots will be close, 2 power is more then enough.

Comment

Which sniper hog light upgrade works best with the sightmark wraith hd 2x

Comment

Originally posted by sharkhunter View Post
                            Which sniper hog light upgrade works best with the sightmark wraith hd 2x
                            Coyote Cannon is the best, but is on the heavy side. 66 seems to be a good compromise to save weight.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Tagged

Comment

Working...
                              X