PSA Don't be a Richard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PSA Don't be a Richard

Richard ignored his high blood pressure symptoms and ended up in a Cabo hospital. Don't be a Richard.

Seriously though... I was admitted to a hospital in Cabo last week with a severe hypertension event. I knew I was ignoring some warning signs, and it almost ended things for me. When I was admitted, my BP was 230/120 and heart rate was 125 (normally 75-80). I have since been to my GP and am on blood pressure medication and things are back to normal. Don't be a Jason.

Take care of it!!!!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ACCURACYINC; 05-30-2018, 12:57 PM. Reason: ...

Woah... Glad you're alright, bud

Comment

Are you shooting us the bird?

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
        Are you shooting us the bird?
        You specifically, AC!

Comment

Tomas at Usual Suspects and his almond flavored firewater MAY have been the culprit.
          Attached Files

Comment

Wow, glad you are ok. Good reminder though.

Comment

Yessir, been on meds most my adult life. high BP runs rampant in my family. At 18, mine shot through the roof just like it did with my Mom at that exactly same age.

Off meds as a physically fit young adult I could hit 150/95 and felt completely normal. Ticker is just wired to pump hard in my DNA

Bother has it
              Sister has it

Comment

Just had my annual wellness visit last week and doc is concerned with my low BP---but I'd rather have it than your numbers. Glad you got it under control.

Comment

What were your signs and symptoms?

Comment

Originally posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
                    Richard ignored his high blood pressure symptoms and ended up in a Cabo hospital. Don't be a Richard.

Seriously though... I was admitted to a hospital in Cabo last week with a severe hypertension event. I knew I was ignoring some warning signs, and it almost ended things for me. When I was admitted, my BP was 230/120 and heart rate was 125 (normally 75-80). I have since been to my GP and am on blood pressure medication and things are back to normal. Don't be a Jason.

Take care of it!!!!
                    Are you going to milk this all **** summer while filling feeders?

Glad you are feeling better Richard!
                    Last edited by DamonJ; 05-30-2018, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Glad you caught it...those are VERY dangerous numbers.

Just went to the ER yesterday for the same thing, although not as high...200/110. I'm 54 and never been on BP meds. Fell hard on my back and hit my head last week and after laying around for a few days my BP spiked up in the middle of the night. Woke up feeling claustrophobic like I couldn't breathe. Took the first Lisinopril five hours ago and now I'm at 121/81. It will probably go back up when I get the bill for all the tests they ran.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                        What were your signs and symptoms?
                        Dizzy, dry mouth, anxious, nauseous, extreme shortness of breath. Everything around me felt surreal if that makes sense.
                        Last edited by ACCURACYINC; 05-30-2018, 02:57 PM. Reason: ...

Comment

Originally posted by DamonJ View Post
                          Are you going to milk this all **** summer while filling feeders?

Glad you are feeling better Richard!
                          Depends. You gonna keep filling 'em????

Comment

Originally posted by Native Texan View Post
                            Glad you caught it...those are VERY dangerous numbers.

Just went to the ER yesterday for the same thing, although not as high...200/110. I'm 54 and never been on BP meds. Fell hard on my back and hit my head last week and after laying around for a few days my BP spiked up in the middle of the night. Woke up feeling claustrophobic like I couldn't breathe. Took the first Lisinopril five hours ago and now I'm at 121/81. It will probably go back up when I get the bill for all the tests they ran.
                            That's what they put me on. 20 mg once a day. Had my follow up appointment this morning and I am down to 140/85. Not perfect, but a heck of a lot better, and doc says it should continue to improve.

Comment

Originally posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
                              Depends. You gonna keep filling 'em????
                              You know I couldn't even stand the thought of letting your feeders run empty....

Comment

Working...
                              X