Foul or no foul?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foul or no foul?

Yeah I know "you watch way too much YouTube" I watch Deer Meat for Dinner. I believe Robert is from Florida. Anyhow his videos are pretty cool for catching, hunting , cooking etc.

On this one he takes a few teens out to go crabbing. GWs show up and he is in violation on his traps because he does not have his address on them. He receives a 400 dollar ticket. You can tell he is pretty ******.

What's your take? should he of been cited or not? I am going to say yes. Pretty clear violation even though he is pushing on how he has his initials, name etc, Still there is NO ADDRESS on his crab traps.

Skip to the juicy part it's about half way into the video.

No Good Deed goes unpunished!!! If you would like to check out my new friends on Social Media, here's links to look them up.John McRobert (My Camera Man)Inst...

Rules are rules and are there for a reason. Every ethical hunter and fisherman has a responsibility to know and understand all rules and regulations. He should have read the "Outdoor Annual"

Comment

Foul.

Comment

At least it is a "technical" foul and not shooting game out of season, in a park, on someone else's land etc. He should get the ticket, but I'd consider his punishment served once paid and not crucify him over it.

Comment

Ignorance of the law cannot be an excuse....but dang, there’s so many danged laws.

Comment

Sux, but rules are rules. Sure, everybody wants a warning when they’re in the wrong. But, you got your warning when they printed the law.

Comment

Lets face it . Some laws are down right ignorant.
              How many crabs does it take to make up $400.
              Why allow crabbing at all if your going to make it no fun and a pain in the tail?
              Whats next your social security number on a trot line.
              I would have been mad as well.

Comment

Rules are rules.

Do i think a $400 fine is excessive? Yes. Wonder how much it's have been if he was over the limit?

Comment

Originally posted by cbd10pt View Post
                  Why allow crabbing at all if your going to make it no fun and a pain in the tail?
                  Yeah I see your point. I guess the most important thing watching that video is he is out with a group of up and coming teens.

I would be a bit embarrassed. Still a foul I guess but 4 Benjamins? Does Texas have something similiar for crabbing? I am thinking trot lines have info on em also. Live and learn I guess.

Comment

I watch his videos as well and enjoy them. Foul? Yes. 400 bones? I think that is a bit steep. I would have gone to court, confessed my sins and ask for some leniency from the judge. He wasn't exactly out there to outlaw some crabs.

Comment

Agree

Rules are rules huh? How about the Indians and their abuse of state rules
                      “Native Americans”

Comment

I think in this case he deserved a warning. He was not intently breaking the law, he had his name and number on the tag. The biggest thing of all he was introducing the outdoors to the youth and was trying to do it the right way.

Comment

Originally posted by LlanoHunter10 View Post
                          Rules are rules and are there for a reason. Every ethical hunter and fisherman has a responsibility to know and understand all rules and regulations. He should have read the "Outdoor Annual"
                          Yep---too many "it doesn't matter" or "I don't like that rule" types out there. Same way with anything in life, from driving to getting in the express checkout line with too many items.

Comment

Seems to me that since he was sitting by the traps watching them, they could have allowed some leniency in the result of a warning and a teachable moment for the kids.

It's not like he was setting them to soak all scattered out in the bay, which I would think that this law was more intended to target those type of abandoned traps.

Comment

There are lots of areas that crabbing is off limits but yet commercial crabbers still set traps in those areas and then sell tainted crabs to fish houses. The plant I work at is up in the Houston ship channel and there used to be a couple of fishermen that would set their traps up here. When we would see them we would report them to the GW because of all the heavy metals in the channel it is very unhealthy to eat crabs from those areas.

Comment

Working...
                              X