Best trap for stay cats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best trap for stay cats?

What live trap do yall recommend for stray cats? What bait for that matter?

I live in the city so can't sss

Check with the city animal control you live in, quite a few will come out and place live traps and remove stray cats for free, others will let you pick the traps up for a deposit and bring them back with the cat in them.

Comment

Tuna fish or soft cat food in a live trap from Tractor Supply. Or a high power pellet gun nuff said

Comment

live traps from harbor frieght or tractor supply, they cant resist tuna fish

Comment

I only caught possums with tuna fish in a live trap. I think they were too well fed by a neighbor. I have a 220 trap I am going to set up in a bucket for raccoons. May get a cat as bycatch.

Comment

Shooting it with ur bow and posting it is not a good idea.

Comment

About 18 grains of H&N pellet powered compressed air (or spring) & administered in the ear hole.

Rumor has it they like vole squeaks at a medium volume

Comment

18 lbs of jagdterrier does pretty good...

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Soooo many cats, so few good recipies...

Comment

I use wet or dry pet food, but usually fish/seafood based, and either a havahart or one of the live traps from Harbor Freight since they are less expensive. One thing---put some bait on the trigger pan inside the trap but dig a hole big enough to hold the can and put the can in the hole then set the trap on top of it with the trigger pan over the can. Keeps 'em from eating the bait and not tripping the trap. The 220 works too--

Comment

Conibear 110 placed in the end of a 5 gallon bucket will do wonders for the cat population
                      Last edited by Robert; 06-04-2018, 09:15 PM. Reason: .

Comment

Cheap canned cat food and a live trape or don’t feed anything for 3-4 days and thene set traps for lots of action

Comment

Just set a cardboard box out there. Cats will get in it

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
                            Conibear 110 placed in the end of a 5 gallon bucket will do wonders for the cat population
                            To noisy, enough said

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                              Soooo many cats, so few good recipies...
                              You need to eat more Chinese take out- their menus are endless

Comment

Working...
                              X