No announcement yet.

2018 Gardening thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love all that color and variety. Do you buy the seeds for these different varieties out of seed magazines and if so, which one?

Comment

I am just this weekend putting all my stuff in. Only thing planted is onions and potatoes. I live in Central Texas area. I was too worried about a freeze.

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

Originally posted by czechgrubworm View Post
          Love all that color and variety. Do you buy the seeds for these different varieties out of seed magazines and if so, which one?
          I get the majority of my seed from Johnny’s but also use Baker Creek. For herbs and brassica’s I like to buy little plants. Typically buy from Rainbow gardens in San Antonio, don’t care too much for the Bonnie stuff you find at Lowe’s and Walmart but still buy them from time to time. I’m expirementig with broccoli and cauliflower right now trying to harvest seed so I might try that in the fall.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	5179A06F-F8E7-4EF4-87FB-AD7535C548D5.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	156.1 KB
ID:	24534683

Comment

I finally got mine tilled. Probably too late to plant most vegetables.

Hoggslayer

Comment

Just got tomatoes cucumbers and Cayanan’s planted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Picked up a new toy today and got the first pass done on the garden.

Comment

Got mine rowed up this evening. I'll plant it tomorrow. Between this rain and work I didn't think I'd ever see it.

Hoggslayer

Comment

Anyone here grow tomatillos?

Comment

Garden is growing good.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Black Gold View Post
                        I have...on accident. They were volunteers that came up out of my compost.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                          I made GREAT progress today!! Got the rows plowed. Wife will start planting tomorrow! We might just make this happen!

[ATTACH]901385[/ATTACH]
                          What implement are you using?

Comment

Originally posted by Black Gold View Post

We tried last spring. Didn’t produce for us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My bride planted 4 rows of PH Peas and 2 rows of Okra. Sunday after church we stopped at a local nursery and bought a bunch of other plants such as Burpless Cukes ( they did really well last year), bell peppers, jalapenos, sweet banana peppers, 2 or 3 different varieties of 'maters, crook neck squash, and zucchini... She's gonna get them planted this week... Hope all this stuff has time to make before the heat takes over...

Comment

Well i went back to Eden. Seems to be holding moisture better. Hopfully this does what its supposed to do and break down or im going to have to clean it all out in the fall.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X