It Has Begun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It Has Begun

So, let's check in on the Guthrie household this morning...

Our fearless hero arises at 0345 to begin his day and is out the door by 0445 for a 0500 step off, seven mile ruck, 30# of steel loaded in his rucksack, in the mist and fog.

Dog gets let out for her morning "constitutional" while our hero is away and proceeds to bolt from the backyard to go flat hatting through the neighborhood chasing a whitetail spike. Much consternation and gnashing of teeth by our fearless hero's true love as she gets in car to chase down aforementioned deer pursuing canine.

Dog is retrieved unharmed.

Which is fortuitous for the dog, as our hero's blushing bride has yet to have her first morning cup of coffee.

Our hero learns, as he calls his humble abode post ruck, that a mystery suitor has left a dozen yellow roses upon our front stoop. Small note placed inside one of the roses indicated that these were left for the hero's young daughter in observance of Valentine's Day.

Wait.....what?

Eh, it's Valentine's Day....I'll allow it.

We rejoin our hero, freshly bathed and shaved as he is making his way to work...

<phone rings>

(Our hero's lovely bride) "Your daughter just got a "promposal" at school.".

She was serenaded by a barbershop quartet.

<record scratch>

<truck is corrected from skid on wet roads>

And so it begins....

I hear from certain elders that if you ground check the first one, the word spreads like wildfire...

Haha

Comment

Originally posted by 1369 View Post

I hear from certain elders that if you ground check the first one, the word spreads like wildfire...
      You got parenting down brother

Comment

Prayers sent. Between boyfriends and hormones and all that, I do not envy you raising a teenage daughter. Logic goes out the window. And to think, when we were but young teenage boys/men we were the primary cause of most of that erratic behavior. I plead the fifth as I was young and just following my instincts.

Comment

You gotta give the kid some credit. Sounds like he put some work into it. I'd ground check him anyway.

Comment

That is exactly why I'm bald. (not the deer chasing dog either)

Comment

You don't know you how fast you can run until you outrun a dog while dressed as a white tail spike. Tell Miss Guthrie I'll pick her up at 6:30.

Comment

This was how my daughter was sent off to prom:

Click image for larger version

Name:	prom.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	24530607

Click image for larger version

Name:	prom2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	24530608

Comment

To the pit of misery, dilly dilly!

Comment

Oh boy, I dread the day!
                    I did get a chuckle yesterday as I was grabbing a couple of things at HEB. I noticed a young lad walking in front of me with a single yellow rose (I thought to myself, "playing it safe, with yellow"). Just as I passed by him, mom is coming up the aisle with her basket and asks, "who is that for?" He replied, "A girl." I was leaving the range of my hearing capability as I faintly heard mom say, "Which one?"
                    Caused me to chuckle as I recalled the days of my youth!
                    Good luck! Let us know if we need to set up a gofundme account for bail!

Comment

Its like whack-a-mole these days. They just keep showing up!

Comment

I’m living it as well. 16 year old daughter here

Comment

So, let's check in on the Guthrie household this morning...

Our fearless hero arises at 0345 to begin his day and is out the door by 0445 for a 0500 step off, seven mile ruck, 30# of steel loaded in his rucksack, in the mist and fog.

Dog gets let out for her morning "constitutional" while our hero is away and proceeds to bolt from the backyard to go flat hatting through the neighborhood chasing a whitetail spike. Much consternation and gnashing of teeth by our fearless hero's true love as she gets in car to chase down aforementioned deer pursuing canine.

Dog is retrieved unharmed.

Which is fortuitous for the dog, as our hero's blushing bride has yet to have her first morning cup of coffee.

Our hero learns, as he calls his humble abode post ruck, that a mystery suitor has left a dozen yellow roses upon our front stoop. Small note placed inside one of the roses indicated that these were left for the hero's young daughter in observance of Valentine's Day.

Wait.....what?

Eh, it's Valentine's Day....I'll allow it.

We rejoin our hero, freshly bathed and shaved as he is making his way to work...

<phone rings>

(Our hero's lovely bride) "Your daughter just got a "promposal" at school.".

She was serenaded by a barbershop quartet.

<record scratch>

<truck is corrected from skid on wet roads>

And so it begins....

You win internet for today, Sir!!!

I know how you feel though, been there done that.

Originally posted by Stoof View Post
                          You gotta give the kid some credit. Sounds like he put some work into it. I'd ground check him anyway.
                          Stoof does have a point. Got to give him an "A" for effort...

Originally posted by Patton View Post
                          You don't know you how fast you can run until you outrun a dog while dressed as a white tail spike. Tell Miss Guthrie I'll pick her up at 6:30.
                          Literally spit tea from laughing!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Patton View Post

#wellplayed

Comment

#wellplayed
                              All in good fun.

Comment

Working...
                              X