3D Archery Course Setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3D Archery Course Setup

Please let me know if you have any ideas, for trick shots, or other ideas to make a 3D Shoot better. Please keep in mind that due to safety requirements targets on zip lines are forbidden, but please let me know of any ideas.

Long Shot. Unknown distance 80 to 100 yds. $1.00 a shot. Unlimited tries. Closest to a very small bulls eye wins. Winner splits the pot with the club. Another is what we call The Sparton Round. Set out very challenging stakes at the first 10 targets. Such as having to lean way over to shoot around a tree or shoot through a very small hole in the brush or what ever difficult shot you can dream up. The more difficult the better. Charge $10.00 a head to shoot and split the pot with the club. Do this after the regular shoot is over.

Comment

Last edited by Rizzen89; 02-25-2016, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Here's an idea we have a lot of fun with at our shoots. We took a piece of steel plate about 30" square and cut a hole in the shape of an armadillo. (life size) You then lean it up against a bag or block target at a moderate distance. Hit the armadillo anywhere, it is a 10. If you miss and it is not only a zero but a shattered arrow. It looks like a fairly easy shot but it is always surprising how many people choke under the pressure. All throughout the round you hear an occasional "CLANG!" echoing through the woods.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
          Here's an idea we have a lot of fun with at our shoots. We took a piece of steel plate about 30" square and cut a hole in the shape of an armadillo. (life size) You then lean it up against a bag or block target at a somewhat challenging distance. Hit the armadillo anywhere, it is a 10. If you miss and it is not only a zero but a shattered arrow. It looks like a fairly easy shot but it is always surprising how many people choke under the pressure. All throughout the round you hear an occasional "CLANG!" echoing through the woods.
          This is probably my favorite!

A few others that make you think are shooting down hill, having to shoot between tree branches, shots where you have to crouch/ shoot on your knees.

Those always make for memorable shoots to me.

Comment

If zip line is not an option, you can do a charging bear. I've seen it done at more than one shoot.

Comment

I like the charging bear and the exploding arrow idea

Comment

If there is water on the course you can put a remote control boat pulling a foam raccoon

Comment

The Iron Armadillo is a crowd favorite @ Cowtown Bowmen Archery Club.

We also have a flying Superpig that we use on Trad only shoots. It also is a favorite. :-)

VIDEO OF SUPERPIG

Comment

Originally posted by hubbace View Post
                    We also have a flying Superpig that we use on Trad only shoots. It also is a favorite. :-)

VIDEO OF SUPERPIG
                    That video is great - there will be a mess of arrows flung at it this weekend!

Comment

Comment

Set a chipmunk at 1 yard.

Bionic buck, same idea as the steel armadillo but cut out in the same size as a buck 3-D target and then cut out the vitals; make it target No. 1.

Set a target @ 20 yards and the hang a tire @ 10 yards; shoot around or through the tire, archer's choice.

Comment

Originally posted by hubbace View Post
                          The Iron Armadillo is a crowd favorite @ Cowtown Bowmen Archery Club.

VIDEO OF SUPERPIG
                          Unfortunately, it's a zip line target and we can't do that out here, due to strict safety restrictions.

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
                            Set a chipmunk at 1 yard.

Bionic buck, same idea as the steel armadillo but cut out in the same size as a buck 3-D target and then cut out the vitals; make it target No. 1.

Set a target @ 20 yards and the hang a tire @ 10 yards; shoot around or through the tire, archer's choice.
                            I like the tire idea, and now I'm trying to convince my co-worker on trying it out on our shoot this weekend.

Comment

Archery poker. One deck, each card cut in half and spaced 3 inches apart on a target. 20 yard shot best hand wins.

Comment

Working...
                              X