Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lease Transportation

Hello GS,

It has been a while since i have posted but i had a good question/ debate with my cousin at the lease the other day.

1. Do you think riding your ATV to the stand spooks the big bucks?

2. Would you consider riding a bike to the stand? (My cousin said we should ride bikes to the stand or the electric golf cart since it is more quiet than the ATV.)

3. Do you use deer attractant? Buck bombs, Apple crush, etc? what is your go to and how do you use it?

** A little back ground on our lease. we have about 550 acres and there are 4 of us. We hunt in Utopia Texas; so we have a fair amount of deer.

Thanks in advance,
    Nick

Your going to have to figure out what works best at your place because every place can be different. Just because I could drive my truck to the stand without it causing any less action at my stand doesn't mean you can do that at your place. Trial and error, pay attention to everything and figure out what works and what doesn't.

Comment

1. Do you think riding your ATV to the stand spooks the big bucks?
      Probably, kind of, maybe. Use it, park it, walk, play the wind.

2. Would you consider riding a bike to the stand? (My cousin said we should ride bikes to the stand or the electric golf cart since it is more quiet than the ATV.)

I've done the bike thing and it was fun. If you have a good bike, try it. Tip of the day: Wear little clothing, and get dressed once at stand.

3. Do you use deer attractant? Buck bombs, Apple crush, etc? what is your go to and how do you use it?
      Corn. Hand corn. Corn the roads.

Comment

That all depends on the situation. The less noise the better, but deer can become accustomed to ATV's if they hear them regularly. I wouldn't ride all the way to the stand. Park a ways back and walk in.

At my property in Wisconsin it is pretty small. The hills are steep, but I still just walk everywhere to hunt.

Overall it is a tough call. I have noticed that when there is a lot of traffic near my stands by other hunters, the hunting is noticeably worse. (This could partly be my own perception and not reality.)

As far as attractants go I think it is hard to beat plain old corn. I dumped some rice bran out the other day at my feeder and the deer seemed to really like that. It was $8 per 50lb bag at WalMart in Uvalde. Last time I went they didn't have it though. I think this is the main ingredient in most deer attractants.

Comment

Working...
        X