One and Done Feeders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One and Done Feeders?

We hunt in bear country and looking for a bear resistant feeder. Came across one and done feeders out of Louisiana. Has anyone ever seen them or have any experience with them? If so let me know your thoughts as it seems like a cool concept.

New and Improved Model featuring: All New Anti-Jamming System Stronger Metal Frame Upgraded Energy Efficient Timer with Longer Battery Life Upgraded Motor with Stronger Torque No assembly or tools necessary. Multiple patented directional feeder allows for the most accurate throw and calculation of how long feed will last. 55-gallon capacity holds up to 250 lbs. High impact structure for hog resistance and bear proof. Designed without plastic pieces that can be chewed on by rodents. Includes Smart Program TM digital timer; schedule up to 6 feedings a day. Customizable feed dispense time between 1-60 seconds. One cup of feed covers the widest field range in the industry which helps manage feed to save you time and money. Pair it up with our OAD rechargeable battery! Recommended recharge every 3-4 months. No need for solar panels. Setup anywhere by ANYONE. The OAD feeder can be placed on the ground, strapped to a tree (bracket included), or on a traditional tripod. Free Freight Shipping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is a cool concept.

Bear proof, I don't know.... once they tip it over and start bouncing on it, it'll end up like an hourglass [emoji3]

We have a healthy bear population in our area and it's always a guessing game of when they'll decide to tear up a feeder. What has helped was when I set up and maintained a dedicated bear feed barrel on the opposite side of the property.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Saggy View Post
      That is a cool concept.

Bear proof, I don't know.... once they tip it over and start bouncing on it, it'll end up like an hourglass [emoji3]

We have a healthy bear population in our area and it's always a guessing game of when they'll decide to tear up a feeder. What has helped was when I set up and maintained a dedicated bear feed barrel on the opposite side of the property.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The video is just to show how it works. There is a bracket on the back side and is designed to be attached to a tree. Can use multiple straps to make it more secure.

Comment

Comment

Outback Feeders would probably be bear proof enough for you.

Comment

I have one and really like it. Wish I had bought two instead of that high $$$ All Seasons I purchased.

Comment

One and Done.

We purchased 2 to try out. They work great, we have had no problems with them so far, but we are only on our first season. I did like them well enough that we bought 2 more. They are priced very reasonably in my opinion. I can't help you with any "bear" experience, but we have hogs, deer and other corn varmints and we have not had any issues so far.

We are replacing Sweeney feeders that are over 25 years old.... They are great feeders but sure have gotten expensive.

Good luck with your bears....

J.Shoot

Comment

Originally posted by Patton View Post
                Outback Feeders would probably be bear proof enough for you.

$2k for a feeder is a little too steep for me.

Comment

Love mine. The only issue I had was it tripped the breaker a time or two on the controller but that was easily resolved by switching to “the timer”
                  No bears at my place or pigs I just set it on the ground.

Comment

For you guys the at have them, what stops rain water from going in at the opening for the feed to come out?

Comment

There is an angled plate in the inside that the corn slides down onto the spinner blades. It is not an opening that had a pile of corn just sitting on the backside. Even if a little water got in the opening it would not hurt anything. Just don’t angle the opening up.

Comment

Working...
                      X