Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HotRod Hunter View Post
    115 Yamaha
    Those are dang good motors, bullet proof reputation, run ring free in it with the gas and non ethanol gas if you can. Other than that I would change the impeller and lower unit oil once a year. If you don't fish much during the winter make sure to crank it up and run it 10-15 minutes once a month to keep everything lubed, no reason to winterize a 2 stroke here in texas it don't get cold enough.
    Last edited by bossbowman; 12-16-2018, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Might want to decarb it also if you dont know how long it has been since it has been done. When they get real carboned up they lose power.

Comment

I've always run ring free in mine

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
          I've always run ring free in mine

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
          This is a must...

Comment

Thanks Guys Good Info

Comment

The motor is on an 2072 Xpress Center console with aluminum sub floor liner and tunnel hull. After I get it on the water I plan on using it often. “Like everyone says when they buy a boat” Lol !!!! But seriously I’m going to use it fishing and to get into places to duck hunt. And I have an 11 yr old son who can’t wait for us to take our maiden trip. I’ve already pulled the fuel tank drained it rinsed it with fresh fuel reinstalled. Re ran new fuel line under the floor and installed new primer bulb. Boat starts right up seems to pee and run good. As stated above I mainly just have a little tidying up to do I’m going to install waterproof Led trailer lights . I have good tires and a spare that fits . I am going to change my winch/ Strap . Bunk boards seem good I’ll know more the first time I launch it. Lol.

Comment

It is oil injected . That has concerned me. I haven’t seen many complaints about them on line though. Or problems that I’ve seen. Has there been an issue with them not working correctly.

Comment

It is oil injected . That has concerned me. I haven’t seen many complaints about them on line though. Or problems that I’ve seen. Has there been an issue with them not working correctly.
                  Yamaha and Mercury injection systems are dependable. Ive be working on outboards for over 30 years and never seen on fail except for the transfer tank to engine tank. Alarm has always sounded and you can manually pump up the engine tank.

Comment

The motor is on an 2072 Xpress Center console with aluminum sub floor liner and tunnel hull. After I get it on the water I plan on using it often. “Like everyone says when they buy a boat” Lol !!!! But seriously I’m going to use it fishing and to get into places to duck hunt. And I have an 11 yr old son who can’t wait for us to take our maiden trip. I’ve already pulled the fuel tank drained it rinsed it with fresh fuel reinstalled. Re ran new fuel line under the floor and installed new primer bulb. Boat starts right up seems to pee and run good. As stated above I mainly just have a little tidying up to do I’m going to install waterproof Led trailer lights . I have good tires and a spare that fits . I am going to change my winch/ Strap . Bunk boards seem good I’ll know more the first time I launch it. Lol.
                    Might be a good idea to replace all the fuel lines, ethanol will cause the old grey ones will fall to pieces from the inside and cause big problems for your fuel system. http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=22490

Comment

I’ve done that plus removed and drained fuel tank flushed with fresh fuel before reinstalling. Fuel tank is located under my Center console. And I also used marine rated fuel line plus replaced the primer bulb

Comment

Working...
                      X