How many hunting in the rain now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many hunting in the rain now?

This is my first chance of the season to hunt our farm in SW Bexar co. Muddy mess. Barely made it to the stand and it is still pouring.

I’m in. Raining pretty good when I first got in but it let up now. Deer are moving good. Little bit of rutting activity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck

We cut our hunt short yesterday because of the rain

Bow hunting in a tree

Might be different if I had a blind to get in with a gun

Comment

Out in Mills county... they were on the move this morning before the rain (hit around 10am), super slow since then

Comment

I am. Nice and dry in a blind with my trusty Bowtech by my side.

Comment

Wish I was!

Comment

I’m on the Young County line in a box blind.

Small 8 at the feeder

Comment

I hunt 150 days a year...today doesn't need to be one of them

Comment

I was out in the rain yesterday. I just had that feeling that it was going to be a good hunt. That feeling turned out only to be a wet backside. Didn’t see a thing!

Comment

I ain’t that mad and can’t say I won’t go sit in the rain with heater in a box. I ain’t shooting and getting wet though

Comment

I will be setting out in the rain in my climber in the morning.
                      I have some really good clothes

Comment

We simply cannot get around when it's wet...evil clay soil. Rain Supposed to roll through around midnight & will just see how it looks tomorrow.

One of the more frustrating seasons with beautiful weather while you gotta work...hotter than hell or raining on the weekends??

Comment

I just got in , sat in blind and it rained so hard that I could barely see the feeder at 30 yards. One of my tanks is overflowing right now and it’s still raining. I sat past dark waiting for hogs but the wind started howling. I got a new feeder light and waited for the hogs but they won.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                            We simply cannot get around when it's wet...evil clay soil. Rain Supposed to roll through around midnight & will just see how it looks tomorrow.

One of the more frustrating seasons with beautiful weather while you gotta work...hotter than hell or raining on the weekends??
                            Same here, when I was just a little younger I did not care, but now battling all that mud getting in and out of our place, then going to a car wash and spending 25 dollars in quarters cleaning truck and Mule, I am out.

Comment

Went out this morning, lots of rut activity before rain started. (Kerr County) Step son shot a hog at first light. Decided to stay in this afternoon, he shot another from camp house.

Comment

Working...
                              X