No announcement yet.

Why do you bow hunt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The same reason I duck hunt. It's a disease...
    ... and I like to be closer to nature, fight the elements and get my *** handed to me and get kicked in the groin, but that one time I kill a buck or shoot a banded bird, it makes it all worth it, because I worked hard for it.
    Last edited by ATI; 12-05-2018, 12:12 PM.

Comment

To drink beer with deer 20ft away, they are pretty cool to kick a few beers back with.

Comment

Still Hunter is correct, you learn a lot more about hunting, and it is waaaaaay more fun!!!!

Comment

Because it completely changes the definition of a trophy, and with trad equipment any kill is a trophy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Still Hunter View Post
            The challenge, more time in the woods, you learn more about the animal you hunt when you have to get so much closer. You respect the game animal. We are entering their wild world as a predator and accept the challenge of beating them in their environment. After bowhunting for forty six years I have seen a lot of changes. Technology has changed bowhunting. Prior to compound bows it was a special class of hunter to be a bowhunter. Today’s “Trad” hunters know the true challenges of taking a deer / game animal with old school methods. New technology and equipment has opened up the opportunity for more archery hunters. Bowhunting is a passion. It makes you an elite hunter when done correctly.
            I was with ya Sid until the second half of your statement... the same could be said for feeders, food plots, etc. Having seen a shoulder surgeon today, I know without a doubt, if it weren't for modern wheel bows, I wouldn't be bowhunting...

Comment

For the challenge

Comment

Because I'm a member of Texas Bowhunter.

Comment

I started bow hunting when I was a kid because it gave me a longer season. Now, I like the challenge.

Comment

For me it’s like fly fishing, a pain in the butt but I love it! I started Bowhunting when we got our first deer lease. It allowed me to start hunting a month earlier. I feel in love with archery and the flight of the arrow. I don’t mind gun hunting at all but it feels like killing to me. I still lose it often when animals are up close with bow in hand. I don’t want to lose that feeling!!!!!

Comment

For the extra month and so I can make fun of rifle hunters..

Comment

Working...
                      X