Feeder lights scaring axis deer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeder lights scaring axis deer?

Has anyone had any experience with the green or red feeder lights scaring axis deer? We have a lot of axis come in at night but we don’t want to scare them off by putting a light at the feeder. Has any body done this and had good results?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't put a feeder light right on or next to the feeder as it will scare off some animals. You need one that mounts away from the feeder. This is why our(Sniper Hog Lights) Feeder light is designed to mount up to 200 yards away from the feeder and still light up your feeder area with enough light to make the shot. I recommend you get a light that can be mounted at least 50 yards away from the feeder. I also recommend red over green. We are having a Black Friday sale right now for 20% off. The coupon code is "Blackfriday20" Enter this code when your at your cart on our website. Yes our feeder light is expensive but it's well worth it. Here is a link to our website and the feeder light http://www.sniperhawglights.com/Exte...ght-p/efl2.htm

Comment

Hey sniper guy, are all the bow mounted lights red instead of black now ? Not talking about light projected color, but color of the unit itself.

Comment

Originally posted by gonehuntin68 View Post
        Don't put a feeder light right on or next to the feeder as it will scare off some animals. You need one that mounts away from the feeder. This is why our(Sniper Hog Lights) Feeder light is designed to mount up to 200 yards away from the feeder and still light up your feeder area with enough light to make the shot. I recommend you get a light that can be mounted at least 50 yards away from the feeder. I also recommend red over green. We are having a Black Friday sale right now for 20% off. The coupon code is "Blackfriday20" Enter this code when your at your cart on our website. Yes our feeder light is expensive but it's well worth it. Here is a link to our website and the feeder light http://www.sniperhawglights.com/Exte...ght-p/efl2.htm

Thanks sniper any other advice

Comment

I’ve found that animals pretty much get used to anything. Introducing a new light or anything new in general may temporarily disrupt things but they eventually become the new normal and the animals resume their routine at the feeder. While it’s nice to be able to light things up from 200 yds away, I’m not so sure you really need to spend that much on a feeder light. Lots of good options on the market these days for every budget.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by skiguy327 View Post
            I’ve found that animals pretty much get used to anything. Introducing a new light or anything new in general may temporarily disrupt things but they eventually become the new normal and the animals resume their routine at the feeder. While it’s nice to be able to light things up from 200 yds away, I’m not so sure you really need to spend that much on a feeder light. Lots of good options on the market these days for every budget.

I’m going to be bowhunting anyways so something to really just help me see within 30 yards will work!

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
              Hey sniper guy, are all the bow mounted lights red instead of black now ? Not talking about light projected color, but color of the unit itself.
              Any body know ?

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTrophyBowhunter View Post
                I’m going to be bowhunting anyways so something to really just help me see within 30 yards will work!

Some new self contained light options have been introduced to the market lately. Built-in rechargeable batteries, solar panel, multiple colors and programmable with motion detection. Mount them on the feeder or on a tall T-Post a few yards away from your feeder and you should have all the light you need. I like not having the heavy light on my bow. Elusive tech (and other vendors) have these. Might be some good Black Friday deals...

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
                  All our lights are red and black. We realize some people may not like the color scheme but most do. We did to make our lights easily recognizable because IMO so many of our competitors copy us it’s hard to distinguish one black light from another. Of course as soon as you turn our light on it’s easy to see the difference.

Originally posted by skiguy327 View Post

I have to respectfully disagree, I’ve seen way too many times that once you put up a feeder light right on or right next to a feeder it will scare off animals to never return. For example, I put one of these feeder mounted lights at my feeder at my house. I normally have 20-30 deer hitting it every night, not a single deer hit it at night for 5 straight nights then after 2 weeks I only had a handful of deer hitting it at night. I finally took it down and put up our feeder light 40 yards from the feeder same color but lit up a huge area and much brighter. Within 3 nights all the deer were back. I’ve seen this exact thing play out time and time again. Sure there will be cases that the animals don’t spook from the light. No different then when you hunting with a light mounted on your weapon. How many times have you heard one guy say he has never had a animal spook at the light when he turned it on and then the next guy will say every time he turns on the light they spook. I’ve done a ton of night hunting over the last 11 years all over Texas. I’ve easily killed over 500 hogs at night with my bow. I’ve done all kinds of testing with lights to find out what works best especially at Feeders. There is zero doubt in my mind that the best light to use at a feeder is one that is mounted at least 20 yards from the feeder but further away is better. That is why I designed our feeder light the way it is and why I have a our feeder light at all 19 of my Feeders on 4 different properties. Most people you get replies from have maybe one or two lights at Feeders and that’s what they are basing their opinions on. If you want the best chance at not spooking animals with a feeder light then you need one for that isn’t mounted close to the feeder. Lights that operate off a montion sensor scare even more animals. Also another huge advantage of having a feeder light that is mounted away from the feeder in line with the hunter is the light will always be shining on the side of the animal your looking at. Those lights mounted on or right next to the feeder will cast shadows back at you on any animal that is between the light and you making them difficult to see to shoot especially with a bow.

Comment

Working...
                  X