DO NOT come through Lake Charles headed East on I -10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigL View Post
    Bump this to top. If I'm leaving Austin around 4am on Wednesday on my way to New Orleans, would you just face whatever traffic is there or is there a better route?
    That would put you here around 9-10am ?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
      That would put you here around 9-10am ?

Yea somewhere around 9-10am.

Oh and btw I'm getting directions for 4 women making a trip down there. No telling if they actually leave that early, how many bathroom stops they make, how many times they'll get lost, etc. I'm trying to keep it simple if I can.

Comment

At that time you’ll be just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
          At that time you’ll be just fine.
          But the later the worse it gets

Comment

I drove thru Sulphur -> LC Sunday around 2:00pm and there was no slowdown, smooth sailing traffic flow at 75 mph. I took 210 to avoid the one-lane MS Bridge

It’s all about timing as I would avoid this area (I-10 Eastbound) from 7-9am , and 3:30- 6:30pm; otherwise traffic is a mother. I-10 westbound is fine but does see some 35-40mph slowdown from merging traffic

Follow the WAZE app and watch traffic video cameras at www.511la.org

Comment

Already backed up .

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                I took 210 to avoid the one-lane MS Bridge

It’s all about timing as I would avoid this area (I-10 Eastbound) from 7-9am , and 3:30- 6:30pm; otherwise traffic is a mother.
                I am going to be running through Lake Chuck around 6 this Thursday.

Was planning on taking 210 around, is it going to be a parking lot too at 6?

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post

am or pm

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post

see below

am or pm ... that is the $64,000 question

6am - not so much

6pm - gonna be a parking lot

Comment

Already backed up .

Durn, not wanting to see this. I will be rolling thru there about that time on Friday. Last Friday about 10, it wasn't too bad. Neither was Monday. Wonder what changed today.

Comment

Originally posted by Fargus View Post
                        Durn, not wanting to see this. I will be rolling thru there about that time on Friday. Last Friday about 10, it wasn't too bad. Neither was Monday. Wonder what changed today.
                        If you're rolling through around 10 AM it won't be bad (so long as there are no wrecks of course). I make that trip at least once a month: 105 to Beaumont, I-10 to 210.

Just take 210 around and you should be rolling at posted speeds.

Comment

I drove through there today on my way to Baton Rouge. There was definitely a slow down but I was able to hop on the loop and get around it with out much trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

All lanes are open in Lake Charles. I believe they're going to start on the westbound Lanes Monday

Comment

All lanes are open in Lake Charles. I believe they're going to start on the westbound Lanes Monday

Good to hear. I’ll be heading to Biloxi in June hopefully we can time it right

Comment

I am heading to Lake Chuck this afternoon. Hearing that ol I-10 east is one lane around Beaumont. Wondering if I should take the Holly Beach route around. Any one been through that area lately?

Comment

Working...
                                X