No announcement yet.

Adding weight with weedeater line???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am currently shooting 225 up front but I am not close to 10 gr. per lb. As a matter of fact, the arrows I am shooting are for my 45 lb. Bear and they fly great out of my longbow as well. They weigh 475 +/- but the longbow is 58 lb. at my draw length so I wanted to bump overall weight but not change spine since they are flying so well. By adding two strands of weedeater cord, I got the total weight to 575 grains. Anyway, I will keep playing with em. Thanks.

Comment

My arrows are 570gr I have the EAston Axis 340 with 250 heads @ 29" those arrws are durable

Comment

Out of a 54 BW

Comment

I may just have to step up to a little heavier arrow. I was trying to get the 35/55's to work because I have an extra dozen laying around but I think I will just set all those up for my recurve and start from scratch with the longbow. Thanks for all the tips and advice.

Comment

Duckn you get a lot of arrows to give away trying to find the heaviset bestest arrow. But if you want to save money take everyone elses experience to heart I tried all that cord stuff and it really screwed up my arrow flight never tried aquarum tubing though.

Comment

my GT35/55's fly the same with the tubing as without, all bareshaft. No wobble. like darts...well heavy darts.
              troy

Comment

I just read in Bowhunter mag that a guy filled his arrows with salt sounded interesting

Comment

Working...
                X