Changing my bow string

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing my bow string

I bought a new Fast Flight Plus string for the Horne's Brushbow I recently bought and when I put it on the brace height measured about 8 1/4" but they recommend 7 1/2". It appears to be about the same length as the one I'm replacing. Will it stretch lowering the brace height? Would appreciate a little advise. This is on a 60" bow.

Fast flight doesen't stretch much,I would try to untwist it some and then restring

Comment

Thanks, thought I might have to. I'm assuming that with the correct brace height the bow length should measure the 60".

Comment

No,The 60''should be from string nock to string nock.

Comment

Ok thanks stikshooter. This is all new to me. I know how to do all this on my bow with training wheels!

Comment

I meant 60'' string groove to string groove unstrung.

Comment

yes it will stretch. I have them stretch as much as a 1/2" with Dyna 97. So you should be close.

Comment

I did'nt know that ff would stretch that much,sorry Tex

Comment

Thanks ba, not a problem stik!

Comment

Broken Arrow, I thought I was the only one that noticed that the fastflight stretched. Good to know I'm not. Thanks.

Comment

i have had it stretch 1 1/2 -2 inchs when i bought my bob lee. and had a new fastflight string. but i am not sure that all that stretch is from the material itself or if some of it may be that the braids are tightening up. just a thought!

Comment

I untwisted the string and got it to a 7 3/4" BH and after a couple days shooting it had gotten to 7 5/8". I'll shoot it a bit then check again. Thanks for all the input folks.

Comment

Working...
                        X