Anyone on a Ketogenic Diet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by coop2564 View Post
    I started 4 weeks ago. Only weigh once a week. Last Saturday at 3 weeks had lost 22 lbs. Just ate a bunless bacon cheese burger, salad w/ranch and a Alvacado, I'm stuffed and dropping weight like crazy. Who would of thought!
    That's awesome! I hit 20lbs pretty fast then spent a week in London on business and consumed a ridiculous volume of beer that set me back a few lbs. Now working to get to the 25lb mark (Sunday weigh-in should be there) but in the last week I have noticed a major difference in the way my clothes fit. I'm down 2 notches on my belt. Still feel like a fat old man when going out for those 5 mile runs though. I'm still struggling to keep my electrolytes up.

Comment

30lbs today, 82 days in. Here's hoping my beer gut, man boobs and love handles come off in the next 30lbs. At least I have met my goal from the knees down and my fingers are no longer fat[emoji849]

Celebrating with a skinny rocks margarita and fajitas poblanas. Wife and kid take the rice, beans and tortillas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by TexaRican; 10-07-2017, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
        30lbs today, 82 days in. Here's hoping my beer gut, man boobs and love handles come off in the next 30lbs. At least I have met my goal from the knees down and my fingers are no longer fat[emoji849]

50lbs in 94 days for me

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Been a while since I was on this thread and stopped keto. Maintained the 25# drop after adding carbs back. Have felt good, no headaches, no cramps, and no knee joint pain since stopping keto. But I want to drop 50 more so I need to try again. Can anyone run the macros for me, or point me to a good website for me to enter them? I think last time I was eating too lean and not getting enough fats in my diet.

Comment

Originally posted by BigL View Post
            Been a while since I was on this thread and stopped keto. Maintained the 25# drop after adding carbs back. Have felt good, no headaches, no cramps, and no knee joint pain since stopping keto. But I want to drop 50 more so I need to try again. Can anyone run the macros for me, or point me to a good website for me to enter them? I think last time I was eating too lean and not getting enough fats in my diet.
            www.IIFYM.COM for the macro calculator.

Comment

Been back on Keto for a couple weeks now after my vacation/elk hunting hiatus. Can I just say how glad I am to be back on Keto.....
              two weeks in and I’m already back down to 150lbs (3lbs less then before I left Keto)

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post

Celebrating with a skinny rocks margarita and fajitas poblanas. Wife and kid take the rice, beans and tortillas.

Good job man, do you have any before and after pics? I need to drop about 80 pounds, maybe i will try this out

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
                  Good job man, do you have any before and after pics? I need to drop about 80 pounds, maybe i will try this out
                  Give Keto a go. Lots of good info in this thread and we are all here to help.

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma View Post
                    Give Keto a go. Lots of good info in this thread and we are all here to help.
                    I may give it a go on Monday, and see what happens between now and Thanksgiving.

Comment

Not gonna do before/after until I see 199[emoji23]. Confident I will get there but it. It may be close to Easter at the pace I'm on.

Comment

I may give it a go on Monday, and see what happens between now and Thanksgiving.
                        The 1st 2 weeks are the most painful. Adjusting to fat for fuel and seeing what actually does include carbs.

Comment

Does anyone have a great keto cookbook they can recommend, or one to avoid? My husband and I have been following a plan that is very much like keto, but I’m always looking for new ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by CamoQuest View Post
                            Does anyone have a great keto cookbook they can recommend, or one to avoid? My husband and I have been following a plan that is very much like keto, but I’m always looking for new ideas.

Wish I could help but my wife does the cooking and is an absolute wizzard. Last night we had company and she grilled steaks. Everybody else ate cheesy bacon mashed potatoes but she made mine with riced cauliflower. I actually prefer the cauliflower to potatoes now. For whatever you want to eat, just google and you will find keto options.

Comment

Originally posted by CamoQuest View Post
                              I believe Keto Connect on Youtube has some recipes. I know several sites pop up on my FB feed. Pinterest also has a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma View Post
                                www.IIFYM.COM for the macro calculator.
                                Thanks. I get:

Protein Grams: 213
                                Fat Grams: 98
                                Carbs Grams: 158
                                Fiber Grams: 45-60

When all of these macros are added up you get a total of 2359 calories.

Is that correct on carbs? I thought I was supposed to be less than 20?

Comment

Working...
                                X