No announcement yet.

New bow break in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All new bow strings do not stretch. There are many string vendors who supply pre-stretched strings and cables that do not stretch or peeps rotate. I’ve bought Winners Choice for years, bit that is a personal brand preference, there are many others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rdstrong3 View Post
      Took my new rig in yesterday after a few hundred shots. Peep was turning a bit and I wanted the timing checked. The string had stretched 3/16’’. The stretch changed the poundage and timing. Had my shop retune and adjust the bow and I can tell a big difference. Shoots quieter and more dead in the hand. All new strings will stretch so have your shop double check when you start to see or feel changes. No charge from the shop. Thank you, Gateway Archery.

Good info and good lookin out from Archer and Shop.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
        All new bow strings do not stretch. There are many string vendors who supply pre-stretched strings and cables that do not stretch or peeps rotate. I’ve bought Winners Choice for years, bit that is a personal brand preference, there are many others.

Yes I agree I have had Winners Choice strings and the did not stretch. I will probably replace mine with WC ‘s. But I would say to expect stretch from most vender strings not custom strings.

Comment

I know guys who buy an upgraded string and cable set with their new bow, save the factory as a backup and then tune.

Many good brands (search TBH for names). I have had success with WC so don’t change. The same reason I’ve hunted with NAP Thunderheads for close to 20 years.

Shoot straight, hunt hard.

Comment

Winners choice=No stretch

Comment

Working...
            X