No announcement yet.

Pool excavation Tomball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh man with all the problems that come along with pools (even professionally built ones) I wouldn't dare build one without a pro doing all of it. Good luck however you decide to complete it

Comment

Supreme Pools on Kuykendaul very good guys.

Comment

Originally posted by bps3040 View Post
        Lol, $30,000!. I am in business....good luck on that. Also, when subs realize you are a homeowner, they jack the price. Plus, if they cause/have problems, they have no reason to go back. I look forward to your build

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What's your markup? I've done a ton of research. I'll wait to post hard numbers. 700 sq ft, retention wall, pool/spa, variable pumps, flagstone/travertine, pebble sheen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Swampa View Post
          Appreciated! I have a few contacts now, but not enough to get it done. I'm ready to move forward. Got. 811 scheduled and a plan in with the hoa. Hoping to get a jump start on the summer time rush.

Where are you going to buy the pump, filter, cleaner, heater all the electronics and set them up so they work the way they are suppose to.

Comment

I support you man... I dont know how much you will actually save but if you do this, please post up some numbers. This really interests me.

Comment

Originally posted by Pernell View Post
              Where are you going to buy the pump, filter, cleaner, heater all the electronics and set them up so they work the way they are suppose to.

South Tx. One of my contacts has an account there. I can buy Jandy, pentair, or Hayward. He will order it through his account, I show up and buy it and pick it up.

Comment

Pool excavation Tomball

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
                Supreme Pools on Kuykendaul very good guys.

BJ has been over and quoted me. I can use the same guys that he and all the local builders like Regal, Prestige, Modern Method Gunite, etc

Comment

Also pool builders spread the risk over many pools
                  A little extra on each pool to cover catastrophic events that do happen.
                  An excavation mishap, cave in or floating pool happens to all builders every once in a while, They know how to handle it and budget for it.

You are not a priority customer so your hole will be open longer before gunite. No matter what they tell you, when a big storm is coming, you will be last on the list.

What will happen if your hole is open with forms set, steel and plumbing and electrical installed and we get a heavy rain or the 18 to 20" we got last April.

I have seen cave in's where the structure of the home was compromised.
                  I assure you when your insurance company finds out you were building your own pool, they will walk away.
                  What happens if you are the general contractor and a worker gets killed or severely injured?
                  See if you can get a real insurance certificate from a real insurance company (if the sub has one) listing you as the also insured for general liability and workers comp, It won't happen.

Comment

You talk like this doesn't take place on a daily basis. Sure, there is a risk involved, but it's not the end of the world if something does go wrong. If so, I'll pay to repair it. If not I'm way ahead. Not sure what all the scare is about. I can use the same guys that the builder uses. What's the difference?

Comment

honestly how hard is it?

Installing pumps and all that is electrical and plumbing. do your research on the gunite people. you cant go back and fix that easily.

Comment

I don't go into 7-11 and tell the guy behind the counter how to run the Slurpee machine. Why? Because I don't know how to run it myself. I am not excavation and utilities and I wouldn't build a pool for myself. Why? Because I don't know how. All those subs that do it for the pool builders still require guidance. Do you know what they should be doing and how it should be done properly? What are you going to do when one of the pipe under the pool starts leaking? How will you fix it? How much will it cost?

I hope all goes well with your build but don't be surprised with the issues you encounter along the way. Please do a build along or update us with your progress.

Comment

Originally posted by texasair View Post
                          An excavation mishap, cave in or floating pool happens to all builders every once in a while, They know how to handle it and budget for it.

You are not a priority customer so your hole will be open longer before gunite. No matter what they tell you, when a big storm is coming, you will be last on the list.

What will happen if your hole is open with forms set, steel and plumbing and electrical installed and we get a heavy rain or the 18 to 20" we got last April.

I assure you when your insurance company finds out you were building your own pool, they will walk away.
                          What happens if you are the general contractor and a worker gets killed or severely injured?
                          See if you can get a real insurance certificate from a real insurance company (if the sub has one) listing you as the also insured for general liability and workers comp, It won't happen.

He's doing the same thing a custom pool builder does. He's subbing out all the work and not paying a builder $40k to sit on their arse and point a finger.

Btw...texasair, do you build pools?

Comment

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
                            I don't go into 7-11 and tell the guy behind the counter how to run the Slurpee machine. Why? Because I don't know how to run it myself. I am not excavation and utilities and I wouldn't build a pool for myself. Why? Because I don't know how. All those subs that do it for the pool builders still require guidance. Do you know what they should be doing and how it should be done properly? What are you going to do when one of the pipe under the pool starts leaking? How will you fix it? How much will it cost?

I hope all goes well with your build but don't be surprised with the issues you encounter along the way. Please do a build along or update us with your progress.

A top of the line builder is building one next to my house. I haven't seen a pool co guy out there more that 10 minutes. I promise, I've been keeping tabs on it too. Think about it, the same crews build all their pools, everyday. You think they don't know what they're doing?

Comment

Originally posted by Pernell View Post
                              Dont let it scare you. I set my whole pool up. Electronics pump heater blower aux pump. Wired in all the equipment and setup all the relays. It even works. Lol. Remote control and all. Saved me 2500 with my pool builder doing that part myself

Comment

Originally posted by texasair View Post

I know you have sense enough to ignore most of the above nonsense ....

No, your insurance company won't 'walk away'

"Also insured" -- lol

And following -- I'm with you all the way!

Comment

Working...
                                X