***LIVE New Years Wknd for "Bully Buck"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

***LIVE New Years Wknd for "Bully Buck"

Well it's been a crazy season! Numerous mature buck encounters but very little shot opportunities. I've been watching a Big 9 that honestly could use another year but for small acreage I wouldn't hesitate. Early season I was also watching a decent mature 8 and even had him at 20 yds twice Opening Day of archery. Low light and quartering to me so I didn't chance it. He ended up running off 1.5-2 miles down the road all of October and November.

November I hunted some but not a lot with the new baby here. Now that everything has settled I've been putting the hours in the stand. Big 9 was 40 yds a couple wks ago but my stupid move I poured the corn out of shooting view! On Dec 15th the mature 8 returned and as he did earlier in the season bullying every other buck out he has continued. Couple days ago he came in 20 minutes left of shooting light and all I did was watch not sure if I wanted to shoot or not. Lots of activity in this little honey hole the last few days. I plan to sit tomorrow morning from daylight to Noon and them 3pm-dark. Same schedule through New Year's Day other than church Sunday. Can't say I will pass on the 9 if he shows but management wise I think it's Bully Bucks time to go!

Hope to keep y'all entertained as much as I can. Feel pretty confident a shot will present itself again. In the past 4 days according to camera he has been in 4-7am, 10-11:30am, 3pm-dark. Wind should shift tonight and be perfect for the morning sit!

Nothing huge but a nice 4.5 yr old. Bully self needs to go so others can come call this place home next season!

Blue "X" will be where I setup. Have a small area I brushed in that so far has been good. Tomorrow I will be carrying the 30-06 in the morning. Hopefully tomorrow afternoon if needed I will have bow in hand and set-up in the brush next to shed.
    Attached Files

Good luck

Comment

Hope you get him

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Good luck amigo

Comment

Getm!!!

Comment

Alright Round #1 for the wknd!

Comment

Good luck Jason!!!

Comment

Nice fog, drizzle! Joy joy! Not cold but I layered up to stay dry.

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Going to sit and wait for daylight in the truck. Good drizzle coming down so silent approach going in should be easy. Have the 30-06 handy!
                      Attached Files

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

In and ready!
                          Attached Files

Comment

Good luck.

Comment

Good luck.

Comment

Working...