35 Remington?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

35 Remington?

Does anybody have one of these; in a Marlin lever gun or otherwise? I’m curious if it would make a more practical/versatile gun for Texas deer and hogs than a guide gun in 45-70.

How is ammo price and availability compared to 45-70?

How does it perform on game compared to 45-70? To 30-30?

Never heard of it.

Comment

Have had several. 35 is a stomper, but nothing beats a 45-70. The 35 can be loaded warm with impressive performance, but for regular ammo performance it is a bit like a 30-30 with heavier bullets. You would be very happy with how it performs on game. Definitely a better impact than with 30-30.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
        Never heard of it.

Comment

not in the same league as the 45-70

basically it is only a 30-30 with a .358 caliber bullet

it does hit harder than a 30-30 and would indeed make a better gun brush gun than the 30-30

45-70 is more popular and ammo is easier to find, and it is usually quite a bit more $ than 30-30 ammo,, i expect the limited availability of the 35 would push the price closer to the 45-70 than the 30-30...

hard to go wrong with any of the three

Comment

I've owned a few over the years and it is a good deer and pig round and has a "cool" factor going for it. Ammo is expensive and at times hard to find. Even for a hand loader....I went months last year and couldn't find 200gr round or flat-point bullets.

Comment

I want one

Comment

I have hunted with one since I was 12 years old.

It does great on deer and hogs. I've shot 45-70, but do not own one.

Comment

Friend hunts with a Contender chambered for it. Great deer round out to a couple hundred yards. Ammo is expensive and sometimes hard to find.

Comment

The 35 Remington is a hammer. My grandfather had one(passed down to my lil brother) it was accurate and hit hard. Great Texas deer/hog gun.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

It was my Dad's gun for whitetail hunting in PA. Shoot through any and all trees in the way

Comment

I've got a 1953 Remington 760 (pump rifle) in 35 Rem I might part with if anyone is interested.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                          never heard of it.
                          lmao

Comment

Originally posted by mikebyrge View Post
                            I've got a 1953 Remington 760 (pump rifle) in 35 Rem I might part with if anyone is interested.
                            Please pm me.

Comment

I have the Contender 35 Rem barrel and it performs great. Shot this doo doo at 125 yards.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X