Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TX35GTR View Post
    Lol

And im liking that cable idea! Kinda like the treblehooks under the car stereo trick!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    What's the treble hook treble hook trick?

Comment

Originally posted by ranchdog View Post
      You might try the Viper alarm with the Ravelco Plug. I know people get tired of me posting this but maybe it will help keep a gun out of the wrong hands. I am on no ones payroll this is just what I have been using and it has worked for me.

The Ravelco anti-theft device. It is a wired plug system that you keep the plug with you. I have no business interest in this, just passing on how simple but effective it is.

Home page for the Ravelco anti theft device, anti theft device for cars, anti theft device for trucks, anti theft device for big rigs, anti theft device for heavy equipment. Not one vehicle ever stolen using the Ravelco Anti Theft Device!

[ATTACH]888872[/ATTACH]

I also use a Viper that will page you (up to 1 mile) if it has been tripped in any manner but the Ravelco I believe has prevented thieves from even messing with it. Before it was broken into 3 times, Since the Ravelco and Viper they don't even try now. Its a F250 7.3 Diesel 4x4. This is great when you have to run into Walmart on the way to the deer lease, you know instantly if someone is messing with your truck. See in the pic below the car door open, well that means someone has actually opened your door versus the shock icon which means they just bumped it.

Viper is the most recognized name in vehicle security and auto remote start systems, and an industry leader in cloud connected car technology. Viper products include car alarms, remote car starters, wireless home security and automation, window film, window tint, SmartStart, interface modules, accessories, transmitters and remotes.

[ATTACH]888873[/ATTACH]

Good Luck, Stay safe out there.

Ranchdog
      Thanks for the info!

Comment

every thought it may have been someone you know? why would a thief take the time to slash your tire. it doesnt add up. slashing tires is a personal thing. it happens when someone is ****** off at you. "keep your enemy's close and your friends closer"

Comment

Originally posted by IowaHunter View Post
          Willowbrook these days is just like parking over at Gunspoint when it was up to speed years ago.
          I grew up in Willowbrook and can tell you the exact moment that place went to crap......KATRINA. Business's are closing left and right from that area and relocating. I don't miss that area one bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Slayer View Post
            What's the treble hook treble hook trick?
            You install/wire large treble hooks behind and above the aftermarket stereo. When a thief reaches up and behind the stereo to disconnect it, they get a large treble hook in the hand/wrist and thus become immobilized unless the rip out the hooks. Never done this myself but wish I had back in the early 80's.

Doug

Comment

They broke into my 2016 the same way. Got a radar detector and took a pistol holster. I guess they will use the holster with a pistol they stole from someone else.
              I bought a rear passenger door handle (has no key lock) to replace my drivers door handle. I don't need a key to open it and have the keypad also.

Comment

Sucks they got you.

Went to Ducks Sporting Goods last weekend for the 25% off deal and I parked my truck and a lady parked next to me at the same time in a brand new 250. We walked out at the same time also and I got in my truck and she walked up to a empty parking spot....

This was at the Rim in San Antonio.

Comment

Total bs that they would top it off with trying to slash your tire. Wish the knife would have slipped and you would have found a blood trail.

Comment

Originally posted by silentstalker92 View Post
                    every thought it may have been someone you know? why would a thief take the time to slash your tire. it doesnt add up. slashing tires is a personal thing. it happens when someone is ****** off at you. "keep your enemy's close and your friends closer"
                    I thought about it, wouldn't imagine so, but who knows. Im keeping my nose peeled for cigar smoke...

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
                      Total bs that they would top it off with trying to slash your tire. Wish the knife would have slipped and you would have found a blood trail.
                      I wish i could have been so lucky...

Comment

I have to carry a laptop most of the time for work and I have gotten to where I will always take it in with me when I stop. I also refuse to travel with a gun in my truck in Houston and if I do I will Be Dang sure to park somewhere I can visually see it while eating. I have been broken into twice, once they made a good haul and learned from that. Second time the thugs broke into my truck while the wife Was in HEB in Katy. My only guess is they thought her diaper bag was a purse. These had to be rookies though because they busted the glass in broad daylight.

Sorry about your loss. Been there and it sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockley View Post
                          I have to carry a laptop most of the time for work and I have gotten to where I will always take it in with me when I stop. I also refuse to travel with a gun in my truck in Houston and if I do I will Be Dang sure to park somewhere I can visually see it while eating. I have been broken into twice, once they made a good haul and learned from that. Second time the thugs broke into my truck while the wife Was in HEB in Katy. My only guess is they thought her diaper bag was a purse. These had to be rookies though because they busted the glass in broad daylight.

Sorry about your loss. Been there and it sucks.
                          My last company the policy was to keep your laptop on you at all times. Never ever leave it in a vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by silentstalker92 View Post
                            I would guess the slashing the tire has to do you not chasing after them. If someone saw the theft and told the owner of the truck, Hey that white mustang took off with your stuff I might chase after them. Well if your front tire is flat from being slashed you are not chasing them in that vehicle, that's my guess. So they make that getaway that much easier knowing the victim is not going to be able to chase after them.

Ranchdog
                            Last edited by ranchdog; 12-21-2017, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Check out the console vaults. They are pretty pricey but so are guns........ I like mine not only because I have my pistol in it but it gives peace of mind when I am carrying anything valuable with me.

When I am in any of my other vehicles that doesn't have the vault in it I keep my cheap LCP in the regular console. If it get stolen I am not out a ton of money. As always know the serial numbers on your guns so if they do get stolen you can let the cops know.

Comment

I've Got One. Pretty nice

Comment

Working...
                                X