Bowfishing Choke Canyon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bowfishing Choke Canyon

Has anyone bowfished choke canyon lately? I haven’t been in a few years since the lake has been down. We are going in a few weeks so Any guidance or good spots would be appreciated. Thanks

I’ve got a buddy that bowfishes the river more than the lake.

When he does hit the lake he goes towards 4-fingers and fishes that area.

Comment

Originally posted by fish4food View Post
      I’ve got a buddy that bowfishes the river more than the lake.

When he does hit the lake he goes towards 4-fingers and fishes that area.
      This exactly^. Killed some huge buffalo and carp in that 4 fingers area. Big gar/tilapia in the river.

Comment

99 bridge ramp is still functioning. Unless you are staying at the park, I'd put in there and fish down river. I haven't been since the white bass run in February/march so I don't know if the lily pads have choked it up or not.

Comment

So fish down river to elm creek to the San Miguel? Where is four fingers if we put in at caliham or south shore boat ramp?

Comment

Up.

Comment

Put in at south Shore and go across lake near dam. With dam at your back it will be first larger entrance with 4 fingers spread out. Should be easy to see on google earth. If you put in a Calliham, you can go fish the area to the left of the boat ramp. I’ve seen some big gar over towards the road bed area. But then again I’ve seen big gar all over that lake.

If you put it at 99 you’d have to go upriver to get to elm creek or the San Miguel. Not sure what river level is at right now. May not be able to get far into elm creek or San Miguel.

Comment

Not sure of functionality of the south shore ramp. It’s open, but I’ve heard it’s really silted at the bottom to where you about have to sink the truck to unload a boat.
                Four fingers is the area to the left of the dam if you are on the lake looking at the dam.

When we white bass fished a few months back, you could only run up about 2 miles or so from the 99 bridge before you ran out of navigable water. Couldn’t get very far into any creeks.

Comment

It's been years since I've been there. I hope all is well on your end, Cy!

And good luck!

Bisch

Comment

Thanks Bisch! I’ll give ya a report when we get back.

Comment

Working...
                    X