Kansas nonMONSTER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kansas nonMONSTER

Saturday was the last day to hunt before heading home early Sunday morning. I went prepared to spend the whole day if necessary in the natural ground blind. As the sun began to shine the fog started rolling in. Wind was predicted to blow out of the south at 20 - 30 mph. By 8 a.m. the fog was so thick I couldn't see 100 yards. The wind started to pick up and shift from the south. I hung two fresh earth wafers and two doe in estrus wafers in the limbs above me to try and cover my scent which was now blowing in the direction I expected to get a shot.

I turned the can three times and a few minutes later this young 8 pointer came out of the creek and worked his way towards me along the edge of the wheat stubble. He looked behind himself a couple of times, but no other bucks seemed to be following him. When he paused broadside at 15 yards and looked down into the creek I came to full draw and let him have it.

He went about 20 yards and it was all over. Not the size of deer you hope for when hunting Kansas, but plenty of meat that will taste much better than the tags I've eaten the last two years.
    Attached Files

Congrats, trophies come in all shapes and sizes. This years trophy has eight points and tasty backstraps. You are one up on me as well, I have zero Kansas bucks to my name.
    I hope to change that next season.

Comment

Congratulations man, nothing wrong with that deer at all.... I made a trip to Illinois and came home empty handed but had a real good week of hunting!!!!

Comment

Thanks guys! Just having the opportunity to hunt that coutry is amazing. We did see some big bucks, but when it's all said and done I'm glad I just had the chance to get away from the everyday routine of life even if it was only for a week.

Comment

Congrats, thats a good looking buck.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

congrats

Comment

Congrats!

Bisch

Comment

congrats on a trophy in my book!!!

Comment

Congrats.

Comment

Congrats! I was lucky enough to get a buck in Kansas this year also. Kansas is great because a monster can walk out at any second, but there is nothing easy about the hunting. As I told my buddies that were hunting with me, in Kansas there are no feeders other than the big ag fields, you hunt the deer on the deer's schedule, not on your schedule.

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Congrats on the Kansas success.

Comment

Congrats Robert, nothing wrong with that buck at all

I guess ol Bearclaw hasn't got too much to say anymore, huh?

Comment

Nice buck. Congrats

Comment

Working...
                              X