No announcement yet.

The Mountains Are Calling...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kill or not, sitting there with a bow in your lap in country like that has gotta make for an amazing unforgettable hunt.

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes sir amazing country! Well try the price just to be there, good luck guys!

Comment

It rains a little every day here. Looks like it’s clearing off now though. It’s cool because you can get under one of these big spruce trees and stay almost completely dry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SwampGhost View Post
          Yes sir amazing country! Well try the price just to be there, good luck guys!
          Yeah. Been there quite a few times. Maybe a dozen and never get tired of seeing it

Comment

Continued luck and keep the pics coming..

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Well I’m home. I had to leave yesterday morning due to some pressing issues that needed my attention. Sure hated to leave [emoji35][emoji35]
              It was a great adventure and I learned a lot about the area that will prove beneficial in the future!
              When I left the we were starting to consistently get into game and it’s just a matter of time before someone gets that shot opportunity they are working so hard for!!
              A couple lessons o learned... #1. Take a tent big enough to stand up in to get dressed!! That’s gets old quick!
              #2. If your gonna be bow hunting Get there for the opening weekend before the game gets pressured ( or late season when they are talking good so it’s easier to locate them) and definitely before the muzzle loaders get there! I had 6 different hunters bump into me on Sunday am even though I was in a area that was hard to get to!
              #3. Take a couple days easy to acclimate. Those first 2 days at 11,000 + feet was rough!!!

I didn’t get any kills on this trip but had a couple close shots on grouse. The grouse had obviously been hunted along the roads because they wouldn’t let you get any closer than about 30 yrds. So I busted a few broad heads anyways! Lol
              I did make one absolutely perfect shot at a grouse around 30 yrds. It was a long shot sho I took aim at her head thinking that if I shot low it would still be a good hit! When I let go of the arrow it was like angles were singing as I watched my arrow fly in a perfect arc towards the grouse’ head. And it would have taken her head off if she hadn’t squatted to take flight! Lol the arrow smashed it on the rocks and that was that!
              I did have a chance at 2 cows on Friday (I think)
              I worked into an area above some aspens early and was waiting in the thermals to shift before I started easing down into them when I saw two cows working up a ravine About 200 yards away. I was in a good position to cut them off and I’ll start heading that way. When all of a sudden I heard someone yell from uphill. I thought my mind was playing tricks on me at first. Then I heard him yell again! It was 2 Cowboys on horseback coming in to round up their cattle. When they started hooping and hollering those two cows through their heads up and tucked back into the timber to never be seen again[emoji35][emoji35]
              So the only real chance I had was blown! Talk about bad timing!!
              Anyways, here are a few pics for your enjoyment.
              On the way up!

Comment

Comment

Scott ^^^

Comment

Me and Scott took a little break on a trail that ran along the top edge of some aspens !

Comment

Yeah the "help" of the other people makes it tougher for sure. But the mountains, the smell of elk in the timber and the hope of elk steaks on the grill will keep tugging at your heart and calling you back.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Then Scott and I decided to go fish one after noon for a break. We got about 45 minutes in before another storm blew in!

Comment

The last sit I got to make on Sunday evening I had a good view and right before sunset I watched a bull across the valley work his way down into the timber as if to taunt me! But what he doesn’t know is I’ll be back!!!

Comment

Looks like a great trip. I hunted in southern Colorado this year but the Spring Creek fire threw everything out of whack. The primary and secondary areas I planned to hunt were closed so I had to try to cyber scout another area on the fly.

You guys look like you have had an epic adventure, DIY units are great for that, especially if they are wilderness areas where you can get further away from the "weekend warriors" and the rest of the crowds.

Looking forward to seeing the rest of the photos and read the stories. Keep 'em coming guys!

Comment

Good write up and pics Randy. Thanks. Now I gotta go back

Comment

Yep! I’ve been up there 3 times, and have yet to fling an arrow at an elk. I think that makes me want it even more!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X