No announcement yet.

Never let your guard down (PSA)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate to hear that our world has come to this outside the cities.
    It seems that meth is the biggest concern in every rural area.
    Glad you didn’t have to use your right to defend yourself.

BP

Comment

paranoid is not a bad thing actually saves lives every day, x2 about gun and travels.
      Want to buy a Squirrel??

Comment

I was duck hunting about 15 Miles from my house and stopped at Allsup’s to meet my buddy. When I pulled in there was a car at one of the pumps with 2 guys in it. As soon as I got out they followed me into the store. My “bad guy meter” immediately elevated and I began texting my buddy seeing how far out he was and to strap up. I bided my time in the store until he was close. The guy asked if I had a tire iron, they had a flat. But when I had approached the store, I had seen all 4 tires, which appeared all good. I told the guy I had a tire iron and I let him use it after I paid and to wait for me outside the store. I asked the clerk if the guys had been there long, and she said yes about an hour and they were making her nervous. I told her to call the sheriff. About that time my buddy arrived, he exited his vehicle flanked the guy who was following me back to my truck. As luck would have it, my shotgun wa laying in the back seat. As I opened the back door, I placed my hand on the gun, the dude craned his neck around the door to see in my truck. But what he saw was me at the ready with that shotgun. He suddenly didn’t need that tire iron so bad. In fact he headed back to his buddy who was waiting in the car and they drove off just fine.

Paranoia isn’t good, but awareness and listening to your natural sense of danger is.
        Last edited by Playa; 09-08-2018, 07:25 AM.

Comment

It's a sad commentary on our times, but you are correct, we always need to be vigilant.

Comment

Originally posted by Texantax View Post
            This is like one of those really good movies with a terrible ending
            Edge of my seat I tell ya!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

You can’t trust anybody these days man. Gotta be alert.

Comment

Was sitting in a restaurant in Katy near the front door when a guy with really angry/serious look on his face came in, in a fast walk. I alerted immediately but he walked straight to the back and into the office area. I stayed alert, but in about 1-2 minutes he came back out, same look and gait, and left the place. Took me several minutes to relax and enjoy my meal. First time I have felt that way in a long time.

Comment

Situational awareness is key, but where you carry on your body is just as important.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Never leave the house with out my sidearm

Comment

Was traveling a lonesome country road and got stopped my a train. While waiting a shabby pickup pulled up behind me. I saw the driver in my rear view get out and start walking toward me. He stopped at the front of his truck and squatted to check his front tire. Then got back in his truck. I had locked my doors and remembered I forgot my carry. That won’t happen again.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterB View Post
                        Was traveling a lonesome country road and got stopped my a train. While waiting a shabby pickup pulled up behind me. I saw the driver in my rear view get out and start walking toward me. He stopped at the front of his truck and squatted to check his front tire. Then got back in his truck. I had locked my doors and remembered I forgot my carry. That won’t happen again.
                        I'll be that was disconcerting!

Comment

i was a police office when my wife and i got married over 30 years ago,, she always thought i was paranoid because i always carried, even in the yard ( it was not a good part of town),,,, for the last 20+ years she has always made sure i was after an incident with a very large loony tunes dude in an academy store,,, after that she actually made sure i was packing whenever i walked outside!!!

Comment

Yep always got Mr .40 with and 45 rounds. Its getting bad with all these crazies lol

Comment

Originally posted by coy-ote View Post
                              Situational awareness is key, but where you carry on your body is just as important.
                              So where do you carry?

Comment

Appendix carry always, sometimes crossdraw but always iwb and almost always full size semi auto with extra mag on me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X