Just my Luck !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kruppa24 View Post
    Sending unit has a screen that can get blocked also. Just replaced the sending unit on my 2010 recently.
    This was a common problem it was not uncommon to see 5-6 a week.

Comment

Originally posted by Acameron52 View Post
      I’d get some more opinions.
      X2

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks y’all - I’ll see what I can check out

Comment

Which motor? I had a 2010 with the small v-8. Had the engine rebuilt within days of the extended warranty expiring. My oil pressure gauge would rock back and forth like a tach sometimes. I took it in several times and they couldn't replicate the issue. I finally got video of it, headed home from the lease and they took care if it.
          Good luck! Mine was paid off shortly before this happened. Next the actuator doors on the a/c started acting up. I got out of it while I could!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

It's the sending unit. If your engine really had zero oil pressure, it would take about 4 minutes at idle to start hearing the top end making noise like it is trying to blow up. And your temps would start spiking way above normal.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
              It's the sending unit. If your engine really had zero oil pressure, it would take about 4 minutes at idle to start hearing the top end making noise like it is trying to blow up. And your temps would start spiking way above normal.
              Yeah. I'm thinking the impact of the wreck knocked some gunk loose and clogged up the screen on the sending unit. It doesn't take much.

Comment

Originally posted by tgil View Post
                Which motor? I had a 2010 with the small v-8. Had the engine rebuilt within days of the extended warranty expiring. My oil pressure gauge would rock back and forth like a tach sometimes. I took it in several times and they couldn't replicate the issue. I finally got video of it, headed home from the lease and they took care if it.
                Good luck! Mine was paid off shortly before this happened. Next the actuator doors on the a/c started acting up. I got out of it while I could!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                This is mine 5.3 v8

It’s not that I have zero pressure, it’s that it fluctuates ans after about 45 min - hour of driving the pressure will zero out. It never stays steady.

The only difference is this isn’t hard to replicate in mine. Happens both times I’ve driven it.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                  This is mine 5.3 v8

It’s not that I have zero pressure, it’s that it fluctuates ans after about 45 min - hour of driving the pressure will zero out. It never stays steady.

The only difference is this isn’t hard to replicate in mine. Happens both times I’ve driven it.
                  Sending unit is a cheap place to start. Sounds like the internal diaphragm might be wearing out or some internal seals going bad and loosing their seal after it gets hot.

Comment

Just had my oil sensor replaced on my 2008 Tahoe. Went from no pressure to normal and no light.
                    That’s a pain to get to that rascal.

BP

Comment

Whelp, the truck is running well, light has not come back on since the last time the mechanic had it. No idea why it stopped, but it has. I'm just gonna run with it.

Now something is messed up with the gas sensor. It stops at filling the tank at right around 17 gallons, every single time.

Going to try and run one of those fuel system cleaners to see what happens.

Comment

Working...
                      X