Houses are selling left and right in our neighborhood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Houses are selling left and right in our neighborhood

and a good number of the houses are being sold to investors to rent out. There are 13 houses on our street, 4 of which are now rent houses. 2 other houses are for sale with another neighbor that told me he will be selling within the year. We moved here 2 1/2 years ago to this new neighborhood to get away from the renters.

This is frustrating! My wife and I are now seriously looking at our options on moving, again, to get away from renters. Anyone else in the same boat?

Moved out of midland because it got out of hand.

Comment

Renter bought our house - they actually lied to us to get it.

We had multiple offers on our home. Family in the neighborhood over said they were looking for a place for their Mom. Next week after we sell, the rental thing popped up.

I was ticked that I had fell for that.

Comment

We moved for the same reason. We finally figured it was time to spend enough to price the renters put and spent a little more than we needed.

Comment

What’s wrong with renters?

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post

We had multiple offers on our home. Family in the neighborhood over said they were looking for a place for their Mom. Next week after we sell, the rental thing popped up.

You mean landlord did?

I don't care if barney the purple dinosaur buys my house. Why do you care?Did you sell it for less because of that?

I've rented houses that were nicer than mine, to tenants that had a higher income than me. They were renting because of divorce, relocation, unsure where to buy etc.

Renter's do not necessarily make bad neighbors. Bad landlords, and owner occupants, yes.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post

A. Why would they lie about it?
              B. Why would you care?

Comment

Dang y'all are rentists.

Comment

That's why you don't take your business to the wide world Web amigo...

Comment

Originally posted by TP3 View Post
                    Dang y'all are rentists.

[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I thought a rentist was a Chinese Dentist.

Comment

A lot of what I’ve been seeing, reading seems to point to renting being the next “home ownership.” Millenials in particular are renting more than they are buying.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                          What’s wrong with renters?
                          Nothing is wrong with good renters.

Bad renters will take an engine apart in the living room, let their dogs **** anywhere in the house, kick holes in walls, tear up any flooring you have, I can go on and on and on. Ask me how I know this.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx.Fisher View Post
                            Nothing is wrong with good renters.

Bad renters will take an engine apart in the living room, let their dogs **** anywhere in the house, kick holes in walls, tear up any flooring you have, I can go on and on and on. Ask me how I know this.
                            You can pretty easily price most of that out by being in a good area

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                              You can pretty easily price most of that out by being in a good area

I thought that is what we had done by moving to a nice new neighborhood that is typically priced higher than what rent houses are, and there is an HOA here too. So that theory was shot out of the water.

Comment

Working...
                              X