Houses are selling left and right in our neighborhood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
    As a landlord I struggle to price a property effectively. It's hard to maintain a perfect yard because it drives a rental price very high which inturn reduces the amount of renters that can afford a place.

I was "allowing" some one to manage my rental property (a duplex) and unfortunately the yards are in shambles. I am currently updating the duplex but don't want to spend too much on the yard because I know it will not be taken care off.

Question for others with rentals, do you charge extra and just do the yard work on your dime?? Or is the yard maintenance just an expectation put on the tenant??

In the nicer north Dallas areas I think $1 sq ft is pretty common. Assuming that does not include yard care. I’m getting .85 sq ft for mine in Denton, but it’s an employee renting so I’m trying to help him out a little.

Comment

Well, tonight we saw some of our new neighbors that just moved into one of the vacant rent houses. A truck full of college age guys. Great.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
        I thought a rentist was a Chinese Dentist.
        Made me LOL

Comment

I would think property taxes is part of the problem. It is driving me to seriously consider selling ,then renting.

Comment

Originally posted by jruss View Post
            I would think property taxes is part of the problem. It is driving me to seriously consider selling ,then renting.

Our taxes alone run $300 a month. $3,600 a year and that is on a house that the city appraised at $186k. Yeah, taxes are pretty high, but once you get out of the city limits it’s not too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by 91cavgt View Post
              Our taxes alone run $300 a month. $3,600 a year and that is on a house that the city appraised at $186k. Yeah, taxes are pretty high, but once you get out of the city limits it’s not too bad.
              Shoot...$3600/yr on a $186k value house is cheap. Mine run almost double that for about same value. City Life!

oh look...what is that?

Comment

If my house was a half mile down the road from where it currently is, the taxes would be half as much.

Comment

Happening around me too.

Comment

The neighbors small 1200 square house has a contract on it. It’s a cash buyer so the odds of the new owner being an investor is pretty high.

Comment

Yet another neighbor has put their house up for sale. This one will sell quick as it has a huge back yard and she is only asking $158k for it. Lord I hope it doesn’t sell to another investor.

This house was sold and the deal was 100% done in 3 weeks time. The For Sale sign was taken down on Friday and was replaced with a For Lease sign. Yep, yet another rental property. My wife and I made the decision that evening that we are selling.

The house across the street from us is the identical floor plan to ours, but they have done nothing to that house except put 2 small storage sheds in the back yard. Well, they changed realtors and within 1 week had a contract at their asking price which was $40k more than what we gave for our house 2 1/2 years ago. We should have no problem getting more than that for our house due to all of the upgrades we have done, one of which is a She Shed with electricity to it.

Comment

and a good number of the houses are being sold to investors to rent out. There are 13 houses on our street, 4 of which are now rent houses. 2 other houses are for sale with another neighbor that told me he will be selling within the year. We moved here 2 1/2 years ago to this new neighborhood to get away from the renters.

This is frustrating! My wife and I are now seriously looking at our options on moving, again, to get away from renters. Anyone else in the same boat?
                        Evil renters!

Comment

I'll tell you what's WORSE! The area we live in Granbury is outside the city limits. All lots are half to acre + with lots of trees, secluded and some are lake front.

The JERK across the street from us moved to Florida 2 years ago and DOES THE WEEKEND rentals! We have had to put up signs on our frontage NO PARKING and right now, there are 8....8....did I say 8 pickups across the street. At least they have finally pulled up on the once beautiful yard and not parked in the street blocking the road.

Our small sub division is fed up with this BS. Two of our neighbors who have "lake front" have repeatedly had to run off the weekenders who end up on their dock having parties and of course the "suds" are always flowing. Most are respectful but we have had a real problem with a few.

What was once a great, quiet neighborhood secluded from town has been RUINED by ONE Jack A..! He did list it for sale for ONE month and the price asked was just stupidly over priced and of course..no takers!!

Several of us are getting ready to petition the commissioners court to see if we can get anything done....good luck....we feel your pain!!

Comment

Ready to sell? Call me.....[emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DFWPI View Post
                              Ready to sell? Call me.....[emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
                              If your message was meant for us....well??

Comment

Investors are buying up anything $200k and under in this area......they houses sell same day or next day.

Comment

Working...
                                X