X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

To me it's entertaining when people talk about a lease and rates. I do not understand why people gripe about the amount people charge for lease rates. The landowner has footed the bill for a multimillion dollar ranch that most people would never be able to have access to enjoy year round. On a 2 mill piece of property interest payment on the property purchase on a 30 year note would be right at $60,000 a year. In lampassas land goes for around 6,000 an acre that would allow you to buy 333 acres. Most would say that would only allow you to hunt 3 people and shouldn't charge more than 4-6k a year. If you think, that is less than 1/10 of the interest amount paid on the property with nothing toward the principal. Land owners I believe give us common wage earners the opportunity to be able to enjoy and appreciate a beautiful piece of property that we would never have the rights to enjoy

Just my opinion

Comment

I believe that in the next 5-6 years we will see normal lead prices around $30 an acrr especially in the hill country

Comment

agreed

Originally posted by DRT View Post
          Buy some land to hunt and see what it costs. My lease is a bargain compared to my land here and in Missouri.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk
          Especially if you buy land and it ends up hunted out… talk about a slap in the face

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter98 View Post
            Get a couple of oil Wells that will help.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
            Originally posted by Hunter98 View Post
            Hopefully you did.

How do you think property/ mineral rights/ oll production work?

From the above statements, my educated guess would be that you don't have the slightest idea/ or you are talking out of your rear.

Edit: I realize the two possibilities pretty much go hand in hand.

Comment

Originally posted by snappertapper View Post
              How do you think property/ mineral rights/ oll production work?

From the above statements, my educated guess would be that you don't have the slightest idea/ or you are talking out of your rear.

Edit: I realize the two possibilities pretty much go hand in hand.
              Or that he was joking? I suspect he knows the Beverly Hillbillies was not based on a true story.
              Last edited by myway; 03-22-2018, 02:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
                What makes it a good one? Just my opinion and a fact that it would pay for what I mentioned.

If they’re paying me money to hunt, I wouldnt be expecting them to do much besides that? Trim the roads unless they’re into scratching their vehicles up. Not sure what kind of junk they’d have that you’re talking about.
                I know a guy whose wife told him he could get on a lease if he left his junk trailer on the lease when he got off....he did leave it and the landowner then had to dispose of it.

Comment

Originally posted by deerwatcher51 View Post
                  I know a guy whose wife told him he could get on a lease if he left his junk trailer on the lease when he got off....he did leave it and the landowner then had to dispose of it.
                  After buying 2 places that I had to clean up ,because the deer hunters left a lot of old junk there, including a travel trailer & motor home,, it would be darn near impossible for me to ever lease any land I owned.

Comment

Originally posted by warrington View Post
                    I believe that in the next 5-6 years we will see normal lead prices around $30 an acrr especially in the hill country
                    And that's the day I start fishing during deer season instead of hunting..
                    I do have my limit...... Once I'm over that the fun ain't so fun anymore..

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      I have several Outdoor Life magazines from the late 70s to early 80s. Folks back then were complaining about lease prices getting out of hand back then in a few articles. There is always somebody that is on the edge of affording what it takes to play and subsequently gripes about it. People have been complaining about the cost since we started having to pay. It's not a recent phenomena. It's the nature of the beast when paying for something.....

Spot on rite cheer!

Skinny

Comment

Apologies if someone already said this. In general, the less public land, the higher the price to be paid for leases. Texas is similar to Europe in land ownership, its system eventually becomes cost prohibitive to most hunters, and caters only to those with disposable income. The average Joe living in a small town can't afford the cost to access land when city people can offer more money. I wouldn't be a hunter today without public land.

As far as rules of a lease getting out of hand, you can negotiate everything before you agree to the lease. If you don't like the rules, go somewhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by myway View Post
                          Or that he was joking? I suspect he knows the Beverly Hillbillies was not based on a true story.
                          Lol, I was joking.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                            If all you are worried about is killing then sure. But a lease is a year long deal for us... we enjoy the work and camaraderie as much as the hunting. The whole experience is what most of us pay for including and dang near as important the camplife. No we don’t hunt every weekend. That’s a crazy parameter to put on it, but we do hunt at least two 3 day weekends a month during season plus two-three 4 days weekends during turkey season. The sweat equity followed by success and good memories with family and friends is just as enjoyable as the actual hunting. Day hunting, while it has its place for some, just doesn’t carry the same experience for me.... right now anyway. I’d miss the work and camplife.
                            The older I get the more this holds greater appeal

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                              After buying 2 places that I had to clean up ,because the deer hunters left a lot of old junk there, including a travel trailer & motor home,, it would be darn near impossible for me to ever lease any land I owned.
                              I can relate to this That is why I advocate buying while you are young enough to get the grunt work out of the way!

Comment

Originally posted by Darton View Post
                                I can relate to this That is why I advocate buying while you are young enough to get the grunt work out of the way!
                                Lol! We talk about selling this place in a few years, but if we do the next place will have to be clean. Getting to old for sweat equity. Lol!

Comment

Working...
                                X