Where can I find fireproof brick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where can I find fireproof brick?

I live in round rock and have checked Home Depot and Lowe’s They don’t have any.

I have a small kiln that I’ll be using to melt down gold and other metals and need a heat barrier so o don’t have concrete blowing up in my face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Acme?

Comment

There's an Acme in north Austin somewhere, they should have firebrick. If not, then MPI will.

Comment

In our area you get it at a stove shop.

Comment

I have bought it at Acme Brick.

Comment

Awesome. Thank you guys. The brain trust comes through again.

Comment

Tractor supply usually has it and it was on sale last week in Crockett.

Comment

Maybe ACE hardware?

Comment

Originally posted by hrdwrkncwby76 View Post
                  I live in round rock and have checked Home Depot and Lowe’s They don’t have any.

I have a small kiln that I’ll be using to melt down gold and other metals and need a heat barrier so o don’t have concrete blowing up in my face.

why don't you buy a assayers oven in ebay the just buy the crucibles, just add borax or flux mix and your done. what type of gold are you trying to melt or what are you trying to do.

Comment

MPI carries it. Its on Kramer i believe just off N Lamar. They keep it in stock and should be the cheapest in town.

Comment

Originally posted by coon007 View Post
                      why don't you buy a assayers oven in ebay the just buy the crucibles, just add borax or flux mix and your done. what type of gold are you trying to melt or what are you trying to do.

Lol baby steps lol. One of these days I will. For right now I have the smaller version of something like that but I still am trying to protect myself from exploding concrete because it still gets hot enough to make the concrete pop and crack.

Comment

There's a pottery supply place in Austin, I think maybe Armadillo something or another, that carries fire bricks.

Comment

You have plenty of spots to pick from it looks like.

OT but this thread reminds me of my first real job. Brick kiln and yard clean-up at Jenkins Brick at the end of Furnace Street in Montgomery, AL. The street was aptly named. My specialty was going in to clean up the floors, restack bricks that were not cracked and get them rolled out to the yard. Those kilns were hot. I just looked on Google Earth and they have cleared the site and nothing is left. All in all the brickyard was a pretty good first job. Go in at 6:00 leave about 3:00 and head to the golf course. Pay was around a dollar per hour.

Post up some photos when you get it done.

Comment

what about the big BBQ , fireplace in Georgetown?

Comment

Tractor Supply

Comment

Working...
                              X