No announcement yet.

Night Vision hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Job Bro!!! Hopefully I'll be there for the next one!

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
      Definitely doable. Built-in IR is good to about 150. Read this whole thread for more information. It's long, but helpful.
      Maybe the new one is... the old one is useless. You must have an external ir with the original or you'll be watching blackness.

Comment

Originally posted by bearhunter View Post
        Mine should ship today. Keep us informed can't wait to mount mine on 6.8 . U think 100 yard shot is doable with built in .IR
        I don't think it would be an issue at all. Still waiting on my unv20 to ship. But don't know if I'll need it. This thing lights up pretty well with the onboard illuminator.

Comment

Originally posted by Coach W View Post
          Maybe the new one is... the old one is useless. You must have an external ir with the original or you'll be watching blackness.
          Ive never been accused as being the brightest of the bunch, but I discovered a few days after I bought the Photon that the built in illuminator has three intensity levels. Am I the only one who found this out on my own or did yall read the directions or this thread to discover this???

Comment

Lmao. I found out while playin with it

Comment

Are yall playing with the newest Photon?

Comment

Originally posted by ETXBow View Post
                Are yall playing with the newest Photon?
                Yep

Comment

Yessir

Comment

I am not. I bought one of the last of the old ones.. **** my luck. Lol. Oh well.

Comment

I know this thread will make my wife mad at me!

Comment

Played with mine in yard after I mounted it. In the pine woods of east Texas with wash out .am saying 50 to 75 yards. With onboard lr on xt model maybe more in flat field

Comment

Just now learning controls and focus some may be my operating

Comment

Think am going to get external .IR for sure old eyes need help

Comment

Photon XT question:

Shock rating is 1000 g's

Based on the G Force tables I've seen online relative to caliber, the .308 is in the mid 600's
                              Even the 30 cal magnum calibers are under 1000 g's.

SO.... is this good to go on a .308 AR?
                              I know there's a definitive way to find out (slap it on and pull the trigger), but I thought I'd ask to see what everyone else was running theirs on.

Comment

Originally posted by bearhunter View Post
                                Played with mine in yard after I mounted it. In the pine woods of east Texas with wash out .am saying 50 to 75 yards. With onboard lr on xt model maybe more in flat field

It's night vision. It is not x-ray vision. When they come out with the model that sees through trees, I'll be first in line to pay with my Martian dollars.

Comment

Working...
                                X