Protein in spin feeder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Protein in spin feeder

I'm around the Jewett, TX area so I know when acorns start dropping the feeders won't be hit up as much.

I don't want to have to buy another feeder or two for protein distribution so I have a few questions. Currently, I have stand and fill type feeders now.

Are any of ya'll putting protein or soybean in your spin feeders? If so, what ratio are you doing?

Which protein type/brand won't pick up moisture on the ground if I decide to put it into the spin feeders?

Or should I bite the bullet and get a couple of protein feeders.

Get protein feeders with troughs. You will waste more than is consumed with broadcast feeders.

Comment

I'm mixing Record Rack with my corn. Ratio is 2:1 bags of corn to Record Rack. I'm not sure how much I'm wasting, but I never see any of it on the ground so I'm assuming they've eaten it all.

I'm considering a timed protein feeder. It's a 5 hour drive to my lease and if I just used troughs it would all be consumed in a week. That would get expensive, FAST!

Comment

No to the protein in a spin feeder, will gum up and make a sticky, moldy mess. Try putting some rice bran on the ground for a different treat.

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
          No to the protein in a spin feeder, will gum up and make a sticky, moldy mess. Try putting some rice bran on the ground for a different treat.
          THIS!

My dad accidentally put a bag of protein in my spin feeder and that was the biggest mess ever i had to clean out. I have a gravity protein feeder and works great. If you do a gravity feed tube for protein, make sure the hole is at least 3in to the tube or it will clog often.

Comment

Working...
          X