Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lord of the Moment (This is for someone on here today)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lord of the Moment (This is for someone on here today)

Lord of the Moment

In their hearts humans plan their course, but the Lord establishes their steps.
    Proverbs 16:9
    Not long ago I was working on a construction project at my son’s home three hours away. The job took days longer than expected, and each morning I prayed we would finish by sunset. But every evening there was more to be done.
    I wondered why. Could there be a reason for the delay? An answer came the next morning. I was picking up a tool when my phone rang and a stranger’s voice spoke urgently: “Your daughter was injured in an accident. You need to come immediately.”
    She lived near my son, so it took just fourteen minutes to reach her. If I had been home, I would have been three hours away. I followed the ambulance to the hospital and comforted her before surgery. As I sat holding her hand I realized if my project hadn’t been delayed, I wouldn’t have been there.
    Our moments belong to God. This was the experience of a woman whose son God had resurrected through the prophet Elisha (2 Kings 4:18-37). She left the country because of famine and returned years later to beg the king for her land. At precisely that moment the king was conversing with the prophet’s servant Gehazi. “Just as Gehazi was telling the king how Elisha had restored” her son, the woman walked in (8:5). Her request was granted.
    We don’t know what even the next second brings, but God is graciously able to use any situation for good. May God give us grace to walk with Him expectantly into His appointments for us today.
    By James Banks
    REFLECT & PRAY
    Our lives are better off in God’s hands than in our own.
    Thank You, Lord, for the gift of my life. Help me to be Your faithful servant.
    Our Daily Bread

Amen Brother!

Comment

Amen!

Comment

Truth!

Comment

Amen!

Comment

Powerful!
            Thank you

Comment