No announcement yet.

Deer Blind Rest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just have a 2x4 shelf and I push the trigger guard against it. Steady as a rock.

Comment

We have a Caldwell deadshot field pod but it's about 2in too short to shoot out of two of our gun blinds.

Comment

i have one of these bolted to the floor in my krivo for the kids, it's awesome

Comment

Originally posted by bgleaton View Post
          We have a Caldwell deadshot field pod but it's about 2in too short to shoot out of two of our gun blinds.
          If you get their Magnum version, that sucker will extend tall enough to stand and shoot with it! I have one and it is rock solid... Just a bit heavy to carry every time to the blind. If you can take it in and set it up and leave it for a whole hunt or something like that, It will do the trick for you and do it very well...

Comment

If they're just aiming out of a cut-out or thin framed window, consider a piece of stick pipe insulation to cap the bottom of it and use that for the rest.

Comment

I use the bog-pod shooting sticks under rear of the rifle and a sandbag over the window ledge. It’s rock solid.

Comment

The bottom of my windows are 2" x 2". I put two layers of the 1/8" peel and stick foam on the top edge then wrapped them with camo duct tape. Makes a nice soft, quiet rest for my gun.

Comment

Here's my setup. There are some ideas in this thread. https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...d.php?t=672677

Comment

Originally posted by Electrican View Post
                    These are the best.
                    Agreed. Can't beat it for young hunters. All of my kids have shot multiple animals from ours.

Comment

bipod on the front, and a bog pod for the rear, or the Caldwell field pod. Depends on which blind I am hunting

Comment

Window height was the biggest issue I had when my son was younger. Tall windows and short kids can make things difficult. If their feet can’t hit the floor- it’s hard to get steady.

We loved the field pod from a pop-up. Solid as a rock, gun was ready.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                          Caldwell Field Pod
                          This. Can be used with a crossbow as well. Works great for my 8 year old.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel32 View Post
                            I keep a pair of these in the blind. I also have a 2x8 shelf in the front and side windows

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/all...ildCatid=33094
                            These and/or sandbags. Shelf helps.

BP

Comment

FYI the Caldwell Fieldpods are $61 on Amazon right now.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                                FYI the Caldwell Fieldpods are $61 on Amazon right now.
                                Haaaa. Was just going to post the same. Ordered two more yesterday and they arrived today.

Comment

Working...
                                X