No announcement yet.

Kansas duck hunt 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats awesome. Thanks for the info. Like a kid waiting for Christmas to get here lol.

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
      My brother just got back from up there. Think he hunted around Great Bend(Central Ks), place called Cheyenne Bottoms.
      Also, do a search. Some of the lakes up there have cabins you can rent. Might be a lot cheaper than a motel room.
      My buddies family lives here, went up there for a pheasant hunt 12 or 15 years ago and they had the bottoms closed. Some yahoos shot some whooping cranes or we were going to work a duck hunt into the trip. We were still able to get a goose hunt in on public land but blue bird sky’s and no decoys had us just sky blasting.

Good luck OP wherever you end up should be a great trip.

Comment

1 week out!! Any must haves that I might be forgetting or need to know about?? Something that makes the trip better, easier, etc? Besides the necessities (gun, waders, bullets, warm clothes) Ears open for any suggestions!!!

Comment

Originally posted by IAFFHunter18 View Post
          1 week out!! Any must haves that I might be forgetting or need to know about?? Something that makes the trip better, easier, etc? Besides the necessities (gun, waders, bullets, warm clothes) Ears open for any suggestions!!!
          Spare key! I learned the hard way one time while hunting Marais Des Cygnes.

Great hunt though!!

Comment

Lol thats a great idea. That would stink pretty bad!!!

Comment

Me!!! Good luck. Hope the birds are up there because they haven't made it to North Texas yet.

Comment

Get the onX maps, almost all ponds on the WIHA have ducks on them in the morning. Split up and used the wind to your advantage and jump the pond. also don't pass up any small creeks in the woods, when I'm deer hunting up there I see ducks in them all the time.

Comment

Great info thanks alot!!!

Comment

Originally posted by freestylest22 View Post
                    Me!!! Good luck. Hope the birds are up there because they haven't made it to North Texas yet.
                    Sure they have, you just got to look for them. Shot a 5 man Sunday before 8:30. That hunt but us at over 200 for the spilt.

Comment

Well its scheduled, myself and 2 buddies are leaving the first part of December for a DIY public land duck hunt. We are planning on being there for 2 weeks. No set plan just see where we end up. We have a few spots to hit but the rest is open. This is my first time so if you have any pointers Im all ears. Not asking for your secret spots just asking for guidance or tips from those with experience. Yall have a good weekend and good luck in the stand or on the water!!!
                      Hows the hunting going so far? Or have yall even left yet?

Comment

Originally posted by freestylest22 View Post
                        I've heard nothing but good reports on birds in NTX... we could use a big front to bring in fresh birds but even in Central Texas we are see good numbers so far.

Comment

No sir, leaving early Saturday morning. Tomorrow is the day of packing, Friday is night out with the wife and then hit the road early!!! Cant wait!!!

Comment

Not sure of the laws but gun seasons in, You might have to wear orange but I'm not sure.

Comment

Well its time!!! Headed out at 0400 this am!!! Northbound

Comment

Finally!!!!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X