No announcement yet.

Repair or replace?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is expensive, but no plastic- Mishimoto Performance Aluminum Radiator.

Comment

Replace it! Like posted above, replace hoses and belts too if not done recently.

Comment

If you need a quick fix this is what I did to an old car once. Took a piece of tube from an old shop vac, a hand held propane torch and melted it on to the radiator trying to keep it smooth but hot enough to melt both together. Worked great, never did replace the radiator.

Comment

I had cracked the top part of my radiator on dirt bike when I was younger and jb welded it.. it held fine..

Comment

Replace it you cheap *******.

Comment

Replace

I had a crack in my in my 06 Silverado with 280,000 miles, I tried the patch kits. I would slow the leak down, but never stop it. New radiator was less than $150, one YouTube video later and I had it changed out in less than a hour.

Comment

I think that the build up inside the radiator along with the leak justifies replacement.

Comment

Repair or replace?

YouTube videos show replacing a radiator in my Ford F-350 to be a simple process. I’d imagine yours is the same. For $150-200 I’d do that versus the cost of JB weld and a tow truck.

Comment

I had just the plastic parts replaced at a radiator shop one time and it was cheap

Comment

Agreed with above on replace vs repair. I had a similar issue in my 04 and opted to replace it (since I was going to be doing the labor anyway). Here is a cheap plug for Rockauto - saved a couple of bucks.

RockAuto ships auto parts and body parts from over 300 manufacturers to customers' doors worldwide, all at warehouse prices. Easy to use parts catalog.

Comment

Replace. Not worth the risk in causing overheat damage.

Comment

Replace

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
                            $200 radiator or $5000 motor? Replace the radiator.
                            THATS a BIG AMEN!!!!!

Comment

I just replaced the radiator in my truck, about $350 for radiator and fluids. Did it myself, took about 2 hrs. Not a bad job, not expensive, and could save you thousands.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Well just ordered a new one wish me luck.

Comment

Working...
                                X