Need to re-barrel a rifle who’s the best in Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to re-barrel a rifle who’s the best in Texas

Looking to re-barrel a30-06 into a 25-06 I have a Remington 700 Bdl doner where should I send it......

Many good one. APR is really good and a sponsor. I’m sure they will chime in.

Comment

Mike Bryant in Kelton Tx.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Omar Alonzo in Pasadena will be able to take care of you.

Comment

Don Dobratz of Vitoria Tx.

Comment

CrossRoads Precision in Victoria- Russel Doerr. He as done some work for me and is a great guy to deal with.

Comment

Originally posted by coldgas View Post
              Mike Bryant in Kelton Tx.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
              Mike is a tremendous smith & have a 6BR with his hands on it...our own APR could handle it but think they are more focused on building with their own actions vs working on 700's but just an assumption.

Comment

Maybe send it off to Pac-nor. Have seen Cajun Blake recomend this option quite often. Roughly 650.00.

Comment

Alamo Precision

Comment

Vias in Hondo

Comment

This article will focus on the gunsmiths the top precision rifle competitors in the country are using. I recently surveyed the top ranked shooters in both the Precision Rifle Series (PRS) and the National Rifle League (NRL) to learn what gear they’re running in long range rifle matches. (Learn about the PRS & NRL and ...

There’s a few places on the list from Texas.

Comment

"Best" is going to be a subjective term based on many factors. At a certain level, the quality of the barrel itself will have more effect on the outcome. I've said it before, but straight is straight and concentric is concentric......and many of us are playing on a pretty level field in that regard. We are a sponsor, which might get you a somewhat biased answer on here, but I hope our work can stand up on it's own merit
                        This article will focus on the gunsmiths the top precision rifle competitors in the country are using. I recently surveyed the top ranked shooters in both the Precision Rifle Series (PRS) and the National Rifle League (NRL) to learn what gear they’re running in long range rifle matches. (Learn about the PRS & NRL and ...

There are a BUNCH of good smiths that are more than qualified to do what you are asking right here in TX, and several right here on the site. The most important thing is to find one who you feel comfortable working with that can hit your budget and timeline, and one who stands behind his work. You've received some solid recommendations above. We'd certainly be happy to help, as would most of the others mentioned above.

Thanks,
                        Robert
                        Alamo Precision Rifles

Comment

Pete Piper in Hempstead

Comment

Thanks for all the recommendations guess I need to start making calls & getting quotes

Comment

Originally posted by kmitchl View Post
                              Pete Piper in Hempstead
                              Good guy and does great work.

Comment

Working...
                              X