Way to go, Remington!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Way to go, Remington!

I absolutely LOVE seeing the factory bluing remain on the threads after an action truing job..........because it means they were straight enough that I didn't have to re-cut them to begin with!

Fact is, I've been seeing more and more like this lately with new production actions. I hope this is a trend that continues. I also heard from someone in the know recently that the primary extraction issue that has plagued the newer stuff for so long now, may actually be getting addressed soon. If true, I may have found renewed faith in big green and look forward to the return of the sub-$2k custom rifle

Tagged

Comment

Well thats a great QC report after all the negative reports recently.

Comment

Ive had great luck with Remington rifles.

Comment

Interesting. Good to hear.

Comment

Based on your experience with them would you be able to pinpoint the period where QC was at it's sloppiest?

Comment

I wonder if they got new tooling or found some talent for correct tolerances to be seen often sorecently??

I always went looking for the older diners

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                Based on your experience with them would you be able to pinpoint the period where QC was at it's sloppiest?

Post#14 in this thread kind of touches on that a little.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                  I wonder if they got new tooling or found some talent for correct tolerances to be seen often sorecently??

Artos,

I don't think it has been a tooling issue for a long time now. They got brand new tooling and tech with the AL move. Employee turnover would certainly explain some of it, though. I think there has been some change in leadership. My info is 3rd hand, so who knows if its even true. I consider it a credible source, and it seems to match what I'm seeing in the product. Whatever the reason, I'm glad to see it and hope it continues.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post

Remington brought Dave Kiff in as a consultant to make changes and overhaul everything tooling/machinery related. Problem is Dave may have fixed Remington but his company (PTG) has gotten progressively worse over the last few years.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                      Remington brought Dave Kiff in as a consultant to make changes and overhaul everything tooling/machinery related. Problem is Dave may have fixed Remington but his company (PTG) has gotten progressively worse over the last few years.
                      Blake, you got that right! Too many irons in the fire for sure.

Comment

That’s good to hear!

Comment

I like it

Comment

Great news. Sounds like quality on the new Marlins has come up too.

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post

I absolutely LOVE seeing the factory bluing remain on the threads after an action truing job..........because it means they were straight enough that I didn't have to re-cut them to begin with!

Fact is, I've been seeing more and more like this lately with new production actions. I hope this is a trend that continues. I also heard from someone in the know recently that the primary extraction issue that has plagued the newer stuff for so long now, may actually be getting addressed soon. If true, I may have found renewed faith in big green and look forward to the return of the sub-$2k custom rifle
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X