Shooting left but it's consistent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Junkers88 View Post
    LOL! When I posted that I fully thought either you CRM or SwampRabbit would tell me to aim right.

Richard
    Not me. Aiming right won't help unless you like your new form.

I would say check your stance. You may have closed it if you had been shooting open.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Check your brace (or fistmele as Pigthumper went old school and called it). Strings creep and it can change and if it does, it will change your point of impact.

Comment

BTW, there are several form issues that can cause left hits. Change in stance, grip, anchor, and torque on the string. When I slow down and revisit the shot sequence, it usually corrects itself.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
          Not me. Aiming right won't help unless you like your new form.

I would say check your stance. You may have closed it if you had been shooting open.

That's what showed me what I was doing off. When I focused really hard on hitting that spot to the right I realized what my issue was.

When my brace height was off I should have known by the erratic arrow flight.

And as pointed out creeping does tend to move my shots left.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
            That's what showed me what I was doing off. When I focused really hard on hitting that spot to the right I realized what my issue was.

I am not really following what you are trying to say here. But that doesn't really matter. Everybody is unique.

My point to Junkers was that I wouldn't have said what he thought I might say and that instead, I would tell a person to go through thier shot sequence, starting with stance to see if something changed. When I see a pattern change in my groups (vs just widening) then I look at my shot sequence and not focus on forcing my arrow to go some other place than I would naturally look.

Comment

My original post was in jest. But what I believe help me was when I focused harder on the spot to the right and hit it I realized my release and follow through was different from when the shots hit left.

Comment

If this is a phenomenon, that came on gradually from a one time "nothing wrong" situation, it can only be one of, or a combination of two things.

(1) Your form has changed somehow
                (2) Your equipment has changed somehow

I would check the brace height first. If that's not the problem, then I would do some close study of my grip, then go from there if no corrections could, or needed to be made in those areas.

Rick

Comment

I love having you folks here to ask for help. I checked the BH and it was down a 1/4" so I twisted it back up. Went outside and videoed my form. String hand elbow was dropping and I was kind of hunched up on release. Also had fallen back into a static release, I swear back tension is the bane of my existence. Shooting is better and when I can focus on compressing my back my release is crisp again.

Thanks folks!

Richard.

Comment

Good deal.

Comment

It will forever surprise me how much a little something done wrong on my end equates to frustrating results at the target.

Richard.

Comment

I'm in that club too Richard. But the frustrations and humiliation only serves to make it sweeter when it actually is working.

Comment

Glad you got er fixed up! If it were easy, everybody would do it. I try to draw with my back so the compression is there. I used to draw and then compress. That was just one more thing to forget.

Comment

What's sad is when he posted once about back tension I thought at first he was having cramps. [emoji47]

Comment

Working...
                            X