Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deer stand shooting vise...help needed!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I train throughout the year holding a 20lb (no heavier) curl bar in shooting position with alternating sides. This gives my the little muscle, tendon, and mind strength, to shoot off hand. I do the same thing with 5lb dumbells for pistols. Every Friday is left hand Friday, so I stay proficient with little task like feeding myself and wiping my butt with my weak side.

All this groovey stuff some folk use for "Hunting" reminds me of a friend of mine in Michigan that has a barrel rest on his hot tub on the back porch of his cabin.
    Last edited by Voodoo; 04-27-2017, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by brownchristian View Post
      I use these.

Where can I get that from?

Comment

Originally posted by brownchristian View Post
        I use these.

Pretty cool device. Make it yourself? Sure wouldn't be hard to build one if you didn't.

Originally posted by Voodoo View Post
        I train throughout the year holding a 20lb (no heavier) curl bar in shooting position with alternating sides. This gives my the little muscle, tendon, and mind strength, to shoot off hand. I do the same thing with 5lb dumbells for pistols. Every Friday is left hand Friday, so I stay proficient with little task like feeding myself and wiping my butt with my weak side.

All this groovey stuff some folk use for "Hunting" reminds me of a friend of mine in Michigan that has a barrel rest on his hot tub on the back porch of his cabin.

Im all for training but shooting off-hand is going to limit range no matter how good a shape you're in. Personally, I like to make the most precise shot I can with a rifle; whether it's a 100yd shot on a hog or a 500yd shot on a whitetail. If I'm in the mood to challenge myself, I use my bow. Off hand shooting, imo, is something that occurs in unexpected situations but it's not a situation that most people look for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Google Ready Rest by exact shot.

Comment

Humbly, My first thought was a climber, not a box blind.

Comment

Originally posted by Cody903 View Post
              Where can I get that from?
              The guy who made them lived in NW houston but think he quit selling them years ago. We have a couple of them at our ranch and they work great.

Comment

Working...
              X