Blackstrap crockpot recipes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blackstrap crockpot recipes?

Anyone have a good one using blackstrap and tenders? What to put in it and for how long? I've done plenty of chuck roast before but never deer in a slow cooker, looking for something a little different and creative! Thanks

Same rules for venison as chuck or other meats in the crock pot. Neck meat is killer in the crock. I'd save the good cuts for other methods.

Comment

I'm not wasting backstrap in a slow cooker , same analogy as cooking a filet mignon in the crockpot

you can debone , season, and do a front/rear deer shoulder roast in a crockpot and it will be fall apart tender

backstrap needs to be seared at high heat in cast iron skillet and served medium rare

Last edited by Cajun Blake; 01-02-2016, 07:40 PM.

Comment

I'm with Blake on this one. Almost as bad as my brother making jerky out of the straps. I almost had a heart attack over that one. Traded him a ham for his straps and felt better lol

Comment

Originally posted by gatorgar View Post
          I'm with Blake on this one. Almost as bad as my brother making jerky out of the straps. I almost had a heart attack over that one. Traded him a ham for his straps and felt better lol

I'm not short on blackstrap...we've killed a lot of deer this year lol and that's besides the point of what cut of meat I'm using, just asking for a recipe. Btw blackstrap makes great jerky! We usually make 2 whole deer out of jerky a year

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
            I'm not wasting backstrap in a slow cooker , same analogy as cooking a filet mignon in the crockpot

you can debone , season, and do a front/rear deer shoulder roast in a crockpot and it will be fall apart tender

backstrap needs to be seared at high heat in cast iron skillet and served medium rare

That looks amazing!!

Comment

This!!!

And it's BACKSTRAP not blackstrap lol

Comment

Originally posted by JustinJ View Post
                This!!!

And it's BACKSTRAP not blackstrap lol

Auto correct lol

Comment

That's food ****. (Rhymes with corn)
                  Last edited by IowaHunter; 01-02-2016, 08:12 PM. Reason: Clarification

Comment

I'm gonna have to ask you to go ahead and post the recipe for that right now, please.

Comment

Originally posted by tlehmann87 View Post
                      Auto correct lol

Lol I figured. It's happened to me plenty too!

Comment

I'm not short on blackstrap...we've killed a lot of deer this year lol and that's besides the point of what cut of meat I'm using, just asking for a recipe. Btw blackstrap makes great jerky! We usually make 2 whole deer out of jerky a year
                        That it does lol. Sorry I can't help you with recipes though, I'm just a pit and pan guy, never could cook in a slow cooker

Comment

"Blackstrap" in the crockpot???

I seriously wanted to read your post because I thought it was about using ribbon cane syrup on deer meat in the slow cooker. rofl

"Blackstrap" is molasses......."backstrap" is the tender cut on the deer.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexan View Post
                            I seriously wanted to read your post because I thought it was about using ribbon cane syrup on deer meat in the slow cooker. rofl

"Blackstrap" is molasses......."backstrap" is the tender cut on the deer.

Yes. I didn't realize that auto correct doesn't recognize "backstrap" as a word until after I posted this thread. Apparently "blackstrap" is what it thinks I should be typing lol

Comment

Yes. I didn't realize that auto correct doesn't recognize "backstrap" as a word until after I posted this thread. Apparently "blackstrap" is what it thinks I should be typing lol
                              Hey...it did get me to thinking! I'm gonna put some syrup on the next deer roast. lol

Comment

Working...
                              X