Where Have They All Gone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where Have They All Gone?

I sat 3+ hours last night at one of our places near Wimberley, and saw a warbler, handful of doves, 2 vultures that flew over, and finally about 5:55 a solitary deer walked in--but not legal. He was a 13-14" 8-pt that I have seen several times this season.

This morning, my buddy sat 2.5 hrs at our other place out 2325 and didn't even see a deer.

I need one more to finish filling the freezer--

I can't say why you haven't seen any deer but I don't think Hays is a AR county

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
      I sat 3+ hours last night at one of our places near Wimberley, and saw a warbler, handful of doves, 2 vultures that flew over, and finally about 5:55 a solitary deer walked in--but not legal. He was a 13-14" 8-pt that I have seen several times this season.

This morning, my buddy sat 2.5 hrs at our other place out 2325 and didn't even see a deer.

I need one more to finish filling the freezer--
      I've seen maybe 5 deer all season long on 2325 across from the fire station

Comment

Originally posted by Colton View Post
        It's doe and spike in hays right now

Comment

Originally posted by txhoghunter73 View Post
          Antlerless and spike

Comment

I hunted my place between Christmas and New Years and it was equally slow. There were a bunch of does and yearlings in the oats every evening but I didn't have a doe tag.

I'm headed to Lampasas next weekend of the finale of doe and spike and sure hope to see a little movement.

Comment

Originally posted by Colton View Post
              I hunt Hays County also. FYI--East of I35 inside Hays county is under AR.

Comment

Just heard from my buddy--he's back in the stand and said none of the morning corn at either feeder has been touched.

Comment

Season long pressure ? I know my place is like that, small place hunted on all sides. On the other hand, where I hunt in Trinity Co., we still see a few deer every sit, at least in my corner. Some of the other spots have been hunted pretty hard and they are not seeing many. I only hunt my corner when it's cold and the wind is perfect. That means fewer sits, but that's why I have three places to hunt, so I can spread the love.

Comment

Originally posted by txhoghunter73 View Post
                    Haha I'm dumb. I guess usually when I hear someone talk about a "legal" deer they're talking about AR

Originally posted by The General View Post
                    I hunt Hays County also. FYI--East of I35 inside Hays county is under AR.
                    I hunt in Hays county on the west side of 35, but I did not know that. Good to know, just in case!

Comment

Buddy's evening report--went back to the AM stand and saw one fawn about 80 yds out. Then when he drove by the other stand on the way out, all the hand corn and corn under the feeder was gone! Picked the wrong stand--again.

Comment

better luck next time

Comment

Working...
                        X