No announcement yet.

Looking at new Dodges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The bad for the Ram 2500 is the 370 h.p.
    If you are set on the Ram but like performance, don't drive the Ford or GM.

Comment

Its a Ram, not a Dodge. Chrysler separated the truck line-up in to "Ram" back in 2010.

I'm on my 3rd Ram and have never had an issue.

2012 halfton Hemi - No Issues

Upgraded in 2014 to a 2014 2500 Cummins - Loved it. No Issues.

Hit 140K in 2018 and upgraded again to a 2018 2500 Mega Cab for more room for the kiddos - LOVE IT. No Issues.

Having said that, in this day and age I believe they are all about the same. I don't think you'd go wrong with either Ram - Chevy - or Ford.

Comment

If you have to pay $50-60+ thousand for a truck and then need to delete it on top of that... that is not a truck that will be in my stable. Does not matter if it is Ford, Ram and GM.
        I think they are all good trucks today and for most people it is all about brand loyalty. I have owned everything except a Ram over the years but I really like the looks of the new heavy duty Ram trucks.
        I would drive them all and get the one that appeals the most to you.

Comment

I've driven both as company trucks. 2017 Ram 2500 6.7 4x4 and a 2016 F350 6.7 2wd. I liked both trucks and each had their quirks. Unloaded, the Ford seemed to jump off the line more quickly but both handled heavy goosenecks well. The Ram got much better mileage. Ford had a better interior. The curved upper/outside edge of the bed on the Ram was a magnet for scratches and dents...

Comment

You may want to check out the new GMC/Chevy's for 2020. Exterior is redesigned. They are just starting to hit dealer lots. They have a new engine coming out, and a new 10 speed transmission.

Last edited by texasnavy05; 09-24-2019, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BigJimmyRustler View Post
              I've only had half tons but both my '14 and '19 Rams have been good so far. I love the new look of the Rams and the interiors are hands down the best out right now IMO. I will say the A/C could blow colder sooner upon startup but once the truck runs for a minute it blows COLD (that combined with the remote start and IR rejecting tint negates it entirely). I'm not a brand loyalist and drove GM/Ford/Toyota's before I bought mine and the Ram drove noticeably better than anything else. Plus i got a crazy good deal.

Nice ride. The more I see these trucks the more I am interested in one.

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
                Is drake really worth it though if the power stroke engine won’t make it to half of the life span of a Cummins? Not saying it won’t but I don’t see many people bragging on a ford motor going 500k. Not to mention ford will not come off the price of their trucks like dodge will. I’ve shipped both and the best I’ve gotten off a ford is 6k. I’ve gotten 10k off a dodge without even trying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                I got $8200 off my 17’ F-350 at the beginning of 17’ when they were still very new. A buddy got 11,500 of a 19’ F-250 last week since the 2020s are about to hit lots.

Comment

If you plan to keep it for many years, Ford tend to hold up better cosmetically, then Chevy and lastly Dodge. The doodads and whatnots on the Dodges are shiny but cheaply made and will not survive typical truck use. Dodge engines/trannies are great, it's just the creature comforts and the dashes that will break/fail much too quickly IMHO. Kinda like new houses in tract neighborhoods - lots of caulk, particle board and cheap stainless. They look great but aren't made to grow old in.

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
                    Is drake really worth it though if the power stroke engine won’t make it to half of the life span of a Cummins? Not saying it won’t but I don’t see many people bragging on a ford motor going 500k. Not to mention ford will not come off the price of their trucks like dodge will. I’ve shipped both and the best I’ve gotten off a ford is 6k. I’ve gotten 10k off a dodge without even trying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes the cummins is great but the rest of truck is garbage. Thats the problem. Dodge is very cheaply made compared to the rest. You get what you pay for. But just my opinion.

Comment

You can get a new 2018 Ram 2500 6.7 4x4 QC for $40k. Bout $15k off the sticker.
                      Tradesman model.
                      If I find a LB, think I'm gonna pull the trigger.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                        The bad for the Ram 2500 is the 370 h.p.
                        If you are set on the Ram but like performance, don't drive the Ford or GM.

Yeah if you want to drag race stoplight to stoplight.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by texasnavy05 View Post
                          You may want to check out the new GMC/Chevy's for 2020. Exterior is redesigned. They are just starting to hit dealer lots. They have a new engine coming out, and a new 10 speed transmission.

But good Lord they are FUGLY! Not sure what they were thinking with that design.

Comment

Originally posted by Outback View Post
                            If you plan to keep it for many years, Ford tend to hold up better cosmetically, then Chevy and lastly Dodge. The doodads and whatnots on the Dodges are shiny but cheaply made and will not survive typical truck use. Dodge engines/trannies are great, it's just the creature comforts and the dashes that will break/fail much too quickly IMHO. Kinda like new houses in tract neighborhoods - lots of caulk, particle board and cheap stainless. They look great but aren't made to grow old in.

And when was the last time you owned one?

Comment

Originally posted by bentman View Post
                              If you are pulling a stock trailer full of cows you will know the trailer is there. Especially when stopping....lol
                              Yes, we regularly pull triple axle GN stock trailers loaded down with cattle and we definitely notice the weight on the Ford dually pickups.

Comment

Originally posted by Stick Flicker View Post
                                Thanks for all the input keep it coming.
                                How did we get to a pulling war? I’d get the one with the nicest interior that fits me. They will all pull a house!

Comment

Working...
                                X