3/4 ton and 1 ton truck tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3/4 ton and 1 ton truck tires

Is the nitto ridge grappler and Toyo rt still the preferred hybrid tire by most? I need new tires in about a month and trying to figure out what to run. Would consider a good all terrain too. Not interested in mud terrains. Thoughts? Suggestions?

Obviously many run other brands so dont roast me for my opening statement. Also, interested in mileage, toughness, and road noise primarily.

Going on a stock 2018 powerstroke.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
    Is the nitto ridge grappler and Toyo rt still the preferred hybrid tire by most? I need new tires in about a month and trying to figure out what to run. Would consider a good all terrain too. Not interested in mud terrains. Thoughts? Suggestions?

Obviously many run other brands so dont roast me for my opening statement. Also, interested in mileage, toughness, and road noise primarily.

Going on a stock 2018 powerstroke.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    I have never had a tire outlast the Michelin factory tires that come with them, but I can't bring myself to pay for the same tire when they are shot. I've been replacing them with BFG's and have tossed around the idea of putting on the Ridge Grapplers the next time I need tires.

Comment

Been running Nitto tires on my 3/4 ton for about a year now they are holding up very well.

Comment

I have been running Cooper ST Maxx. They have held up great for me & road noise is low. I have had them in mud, snow, gravel ,sand etc. Have been great. I drive off road where there is cactus, mesquite & no issues there either. The place where we elk hunted in New Mexico were running them on all their trucks. Told me they were using them ,because they held up to abuse.

Comment

Run Toyo RT 37-12.50s in my 17’ F-350. Road noise is good, traction is great, and durability is excellent. That said I only got 31k out of my first set. I’m driving a deleted 6.7 that’s not easy on tires though. I’d think 45k on a stock truck would be doable with proper rotation. I liked them enough to replace them with the same tire regardless.

Comment

I will be putting Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx on my 2017 F350 later this week. The Goodyear Wrangler AT's that came on my truck have 4/32's left on them at 32,000 miles.

Up here, the most popular hybrid AT tire is the Cooper ST Maxx. A couple of friends of mine who are in the tire business have told me most all of the guys hauling heavier trailers in the oilfield that run off road a lot really like this tire.

It is considered a hybrid because its tread pattern sits between a conventional AT and an MT.

Comment

Not a very aggressive tire but I have had great luck with Duscount tire Pathfinder AT’s on my Ram 2500 plenty of life left and 48k on them

Comment

Just my experience from the last 13yrs...... I’ve drove primarily F250’s since 2006. I’ve had Toyo MT’s on every one of them (6 trucks total) in either a 35” or a 37”. They average 38K to 42K per set for me. They would last longer, but I’m a freak about worn tires and I pull them off early when they still have what most would consider “good tread”. They are tough as nails. No BS, during that time I never had a flat tire that left me stuck on the side of the road. I did have some punctures, but it either didn’t fully penetrate the tire, or it went thru and stayed in there and I was able to get it fixed later on. Only my opinion, but they are by far the best, toughest, low noise MT you can buy.

Now..... skip forward to last month. I bought a new F350. I can’t stand the stock tires. They look like shiat and they don’t provide enough off-road traction. I decided to go with 35” Falken Wild Peak AT3w’s. I did this because I’ve had 3 sets of these tires on my 4Runners and they are awesome both on/off-road. They wear well. Very quite. Plus they are cheap (atleast for now) in a 10 ply E rated at less than $1000 a set delivered. These have performed amazing on my 4Runners all over the US, in some extremely harsh environments, but I’m still undecided on how they will do on my F350 that is pretty much always towing a hefty load.

Either way.....you can’t go wrong with Toyo. In any style.
                Last edited by Trevor73402; 08-28-2019, 08:01 AM.

Comment

I run Kenda Klever on my SD. They have a 3 ply sidewall instead of 2 ply on most 10 ply tires, no road noise, great traction and wear and cheaper than most brands and made by Cooper I believe. I also haul 15-20k trailer loads as well as drive the stubble fields most mornings hunting hogs, impressed with them.
                  The Toyo dealer told me about them and recommended them over the Toyo's they sell.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
                    Just my experience from the last 13yrs...... I’ve drove primarily F250’s since 2006. I’ve had Toyo MT’s on every one of them (6 trucks total) in either a 35” or a 37”. They average 38K to 42K per set for me. They would last longer, but I’m a freak about worn tires and I pull them off early when they still have what most would consider “good tread”. They are tough as nails. No BS, during that time I never had a flat tire that left me stuck on the side of the road. I did have some punctures, but it either didn’t fully penetrate the tire, or it went thru and stayed in there and I was able to get it fixed later on. Only my opinion, but they are by far the best, toughest, low noise MT you can buy.

Now..... skip forward to last month. I bought a new F350. I can’t stand the stock tires. They look like shiat and they don’t provide enough off-road traction. I decided to go with 35” Falken Wild Peak AT3w’s. I did this because I’ve had 3 sets of these tires on my 4Runners and they are awesome both on/off-road. They wear well. Very quite. Plus they are cheap (atleast for now) in a 10 ply E rated at less than $1000 a set delivered. These have performed amazing on my 4Runners all over the US, in some extremely harsh environments, but I’m still undecided on how they will do on my F350 that is pretty much always towing a hefty load.

Either way.....you can’t go wrong with Toyo. In any style.
                    I agree about the Toyo M/T's. They outlast most hybrid or all terrains in my experience. I've ran just about all of the popular off road tires, and the Toyo M/t's are the toughest. Only downfall is they are heavy as heck. I have them on my truck right now. They're not the "best" tire in mud, but they're better than the hybrids and all terrains by a long shot.

Comment

I just installed my third set of RT’s. I got a little over 60k on F250. Think I got roughly 66k

Comment

Had a fella that had the Toyo MTs and got 105k out of them. Couldn't believe it, but mostly interstate travel and rotates every 5k with oil change.

Comment

I have over 50,000 on my nitto ridge grapplers right now and will probably get another 15 or 20 more out of them. This is on a 3/4 ton also. They are great tires and quiet.

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                            I have over 50,000 on my nitto ridge grapplers right now and will probably get another 15 or 20 more out of them. This is on a 3/4 ton also. They are great tires and quiet.
                            I've been happy with mine as well. I like the aggressive all terrain, does what I need them to do.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                              I have been running Cooper ST Maxx. They have held up great for me & road noise is low. I have had them in mud, snow, gravel ,sand etc. Have been great. I drive off road where there is cactus, mesquite & no issues there either. The place where we elk hunted in New Mexico were running them on all their trucks. Told me they were using them ,because they held up to abuse.
                              I run the same tire, and to me the road noise rivals most mud tires. The ride is OK, and the wet road manners are pretty good for a tire this aggressive. However, I find that on the terrain that I drive offroad, when it gets wet, they dig, A LOT! If there is a bottom to it, it might be better, but when its wet like this year, they just dug straight down. Had similar issues with Toyo MTs, but the ATs were just aggressive enough to grab, but not so much that they dug me into a hole. Not at all unhappy with my Coopers so far, but will be going back to NItto or Toyo ATs when theyre worn out.

Comment

Working...
                              X