What Laptop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Laptop

What laptop do ya'll recommend for a first year college student?
    Thanks
    Ryan

Depending on what the student will be using it for.... buy the best MacBook you can afford. It will last beyond the undergraduate days.

Comment

Yeah, need lots more information about what it will be used for. That said, I'm a huge Mac fan, and Macs run Windows better than most PCs.

LWD

Comment

I am done with PCs. Buy a MacBook and be done with it. The university should have free MS Office suite for students.

Comment

Two Windows machines didn't last me 4 years in college.

I've had the same Macbook Air since 2012 and I still use it for hours a day at work.

I'm sure if you calculated $ spent per hour used the mac was way more affordable than the other 2 machines.

Before 2012 and this machine I would've told you to avoid the mac hype train

Comment

What is the laptop going to be used for?

What is the budget?

Seems most are big fans of the Apple product, but are you interested in learning to maneuver a MAC while learning pre-calculus?

Sorry, but spend $1000 on a Windows laptop and it to will last all 4 years of college. And yea, before buying any software, check with the University books store.

Most software has a student discount, like Office 365 for free or $10.00

Comment

no budget. Going into medical science program.

Comment

I like Lenova Yogas. Bought my college freshman one last year for christmas.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Macbook, apple offers a college student discount. Got a free pair of beats with mine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

MacBooks are on sale right now on amazon
                    Attached Files

Comment

I suggest going with a MacBook Pro if money is no concern or an Air if you need a more budget friendly option. As far as the comment about “learning a Mac while learning calculus”, MacBooks are notorious for being easy to use and intuitive. Also, you don’t have to deal with buying a 3rd party antivirus that will big down your machine and need updating. My company went all Mac and it has saved us so much headache and money!

Check Apple’s website for student discounts on laptops and software.

Comment

Following. Can you buy a mac running windows out of the box? Our MacBook pro was awesome, but we prefer windows.

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                          I like Lenova Yogas. Bought my college freshman one last year for christmas.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                          This is what my girl got for college and she really likes hers. I bought one for myself too and like it.

RD

Comment

Mackbook Pro. I am using one from 2009 and it still works flawlessly!

Comment

Mac Book Pro or air they may be more expensive but last forever, i have my pro from 09 and it still works like new

Comment

Working...
                              X