Hill country acorns 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TXbowman View Post
    How big an area or about how many trees?
    About the size of a good feeder pen . 20-30 yard diameter.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
      I just use 13-13-13 and pour a line around the drip line of the Mott then hand broadcast within the Mott . Buy it from the feed stores not Home Depot or boxes stores. Comes in straight brown bag or should
      I bought some oaks trees from a guy on here, Jasper-something. He suggested this exact thing, at the start of summer and fall. I get the 13 13 13 at tractor supply.
      Attached Files

Comment

I didn't get to hunt this weekend but judging by the reports from others it seems like my fears are being realized. Hopefully it gets better. The first time I will get to hunt will be Friday morning so we will see.

Comment

I don’t think slow deer activity has anything to do with acorns. Everything is lush, temps are up, and the moon was bright this past weekend.

Comment

We had tons of acorns dropping in our area

Comment

The drought was way too severe in my area for acorn production. We have next to none.

It is super friggin' green right now though. Buddy told me I have corn sitting under my feeder. Not piled up, but it goes slowly. Prior to the rains, the feeder went off and I had 20 does and fawns there waiting.

Comment

We have acorns, but no where near last year at this point. I had some good hunts this weekend, deer were still coming right when feeder went off.

Comment

My place in Boerne is covered with them, its nuts.

Comment

Working...
                  X