I wish I could boycott Nike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
    It was made because the only people that believe that kneeling is disrespectful are old and considered out of touch. That’s not NIKE’s demographic.

There are a few youngins here and there, but overall everyone seems to understand he’s not hurting or disrespecting anyone.
    I'm 32 and run with a few vets... We all fell he is disrespecting the flag and us.

Comment

Originally posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
      I'm 32 and run with a few vets... We all fell he is disrespecting the flag and us.
      Very sorry you feel that way.

I mentioned my Father and Grandfather who both believed there was nothing disrespectful about kneeling. I also know a few Vets - and follow the Vet who proposed this Protest as a compromise.

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
        This was a calculated move.
        Don't you think they counted the number of TBH members who have never bought anything from them and now won't even think about buying anything from them in their decision?

REI and D ick's did the same thing.
        I can only imagine what the 50s/60s were like when certain companies were opening their businesses open to blacks before it was legally mandated to do so but the " conservatives' of the time were hoping those companies would go bankrupt for doing such a non conservative thing.
        In 1955 you wouldn't be a conservative if you served blacks at your lunch counter or allowed them to sleep in your hotel.

Not sure how many of TBH would be ok with going on record of saying they agree with that.

Any takers?
        Would have been the democrats hoping for the black pandering companies to go bankrupt in the 50s/60s

Comment

I mentioned my Father and Grandfather who both believed there was nothing disrespectful about kneeling. I also know a few Vets - and follow the Vet who proposed this Protest as a compromise.
          My grandpa WWII and korean-hates it
          dad navy-hates it

Comment

My grandpa WWII and korean-hates it
            dad navy-hates it
            Nate Boyer, a former Green Beret and ex-NFL player, is urging people to not assume that all veterans are upset about Colin Kaepernick being named as the face of their 30th anniversary "Just Do It" ad campaign.

I respect everyone's opinion.

Comment

Thank you and your buds for your service and sacrifice!!

Comment in general:

Seems to me a pro athlete would have/has a platform and could make his point known at some point other than during the National Anthem. And yes I realize he has the right to do as he desires. If one veteran feels disrespected, that is one too many!!

Some people made a big deal about a one million dollar donation he made to the "cause". Well when you earn $20 mil a year you have plenty of disposable income and 1 mil isn't going to cause you to suffer/sacrifice anything.

The ironic part is how Nike makes most of its money producing high dollar items on the backs of young people in countries where said young peeps have little to no rights. Nike leverages the no rights to pay said people peanuts compared to the money they rake in on the sale of their products. Yet, here we have the "righteous" poster boy of a movement demanding equality for all. What a ****ing joke and people,including some on here are blind to this!

Comment

Yeah, the guy was clearly willing to sacrifice everything. Obviously that's why he and his lawyers through such a fit about nobody wanting him on their team.

He thought it would have the opposite affect and misread his fan base. It was nothing but a publicity stunt that backfired from the beginning.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                  Yeah, the guy was clearly willing to sacrifice everything. Obviously that's why he and his lawyers through such a fit about nobody wanting him on their team.

He thought it would have the opposite affect and misread his fan base. It was nothing but a publicity stunt that backfired from the beginning.
                  I think the word "everything" was poorly placed, but then again, it is advertising.

Comment

Please explain what this compromise was??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
                      Please explain what this compromise was??
                      Kneeling during the anthem instead of not acknowledging the anthem at all.

Boyer and Kaepernick reached that conclusion together. Boyer actually suggested it.

On the upcoming episode of HBO's "Real Sports With Bryant Gumbel" (airing Tuesday night at 10 p.m. ET), Boyer reveals what happened in the discussion between the two men.

"We sorta came to a middle ground where he would take a knee alongside his teammates," Boyer says. "Soldiers take a knee in front of a fallen brother's grave, you know, to show respect. When we're on a patrol, you know, and we go into a security halt, we take a knee, and we pull security."

Comment

Ok
                        Attached Files

Comment

Kneeling during the anthem instead of not acknowledging the anthem at all.

Boyer and Kaepernick reached that conclusion together. Boyer actually suggested it.

On the upcoming episode of HBO's "Real Sports With Bryant Gumbel" (airing Tuesday night at 10 p.m. ET), Boyer reveals what happened in the discussion between the two men.

"We sorta came to a middle ground where he would take a knee alongside his teammates," Boyer says. "Soldiers take a knee in front of a fallen brother's grave, you know, to show respect. When we're on a patrol, you know, and we go into a security halt, we take a knee, and we pull security."

Ahh so Boyer speaks on behalf of all active military and veterans.
                          To even compare one soldier taking a knee next to a fallen soldier and a football player kneeling during the anthem is absurd. KC has never sacrificed anything for this country and he has not earned the right to kneel for any reason.

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
                            Ahh so Boyer speaks on behalf of all active military and veterans.
                            To even compare one soldier taking a knee next to a fallen soldier and a football player kneeling during the anthem is absurd. KC has never sacrificed anything for this country and he has not earned the right to kneel for any reason.
                            Just so I put this logic together.

He sought out a Veteran who had a disagreement, and had a discussion with him. The Veteran and Kaep came to a middle ground, and Kaep is terrible for doing what the Veteran suggested?

Boyer can't speak on behalf of Military and Veterans - buy you can?

Comment

Just so I put this logic together.

He sought out a Veteran who had a disagreement, and had a discussion with him. The Veteran and Kaep came to a middle ground, and Kaep is terrible for doing what the Veteran suggested?

Boyer can't speak on behalf of Military and Veterans - buy you can?

I’m not speaking on behalf of veterans, I didn’t call a meeting with a guy that decided to protest something that wasn’t even happening and then come out as the great arbiter to why it was justified.
                              The fact that Boyer even met with him and legitimized his acts tells me maybe Boyer doesn’t understand that there weren’t cops waking up every day with the intent to kill some black guys.
                              The whole idea behind the kneeling is false.

Comment

I thought liberals were all about workers rights. Why do they let Nike get away with treating people like this?

Comment

Working...
                                X