Slick Trick vs Ramcat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CastAndBlast View Post
    I have never had a blade break on a target, I have also never had one break on an animal. I have had the blades come out because the set screw came out though. When practicing, I tighten the screws every few shots to prevent this. I had it happen one time on an animal. It must have been loose coming out of the package. So now I make sure they are tight when pulling out of the package.

The only time I broke a blade was with a pair of pliers. I found a broadhead that I had shot an animal with, but forgot to clean. I was trying to pull the blade out with a pair of channel locks when it snapped.

Ok yeah mine were breaking on the blade right at the hole where the screw goes through. The screw was still in place but I think they were actually breaking when I pulled the arrow out. May need to go ahead and give them a try because I agree they do fly great.

Comment

Ramcats

Comment

Ramcats now have reverse threads so the blades coming loose should be harder.

Comment

I have shot 2 animals with vipertricks with great shot placement and blood trail lacked so I tried the mags. Shot 2 animals, a little better bloodtrial with the mags but still not that good. Last year I strictly shot Ramcat 125s and shot 5 animals, 1 being a mature male bison and dybowski sika. Out of the 3 whitetail I shot the furthest went 50 yards. My sika went 100 yards and my bison about 90 yards. All had great blood trails and all pass thrus. Ramcats are my go to but I am going to try exodus, wasp drones, and helix broadheads out this year. Just because I like to try different broadheads. So to answer the question, Ramcat!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

I shoot ST magnum 125s or Grizz Trick 125s. No complaints. Never shot a Ramcat. Never had a reason to change.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
              Slick Trick......I havent used anything else in the past 9 years.....I cant find one reason to risk the change. I have a couple of Rage Hypos in my quiver and Im too afraid to use them when I have a Slick Trick there for the taking. I shot a doe this morning, double lung, ran about 50-60 yards and fell over. That's the way I like it. Ive never had a deer make it to 100 yards with Slick Tricks.
              x2 for me!

Originally posted by Buckley99 View Post
              Those shooting Slick Tricks...are you shooting magnums?
              Yep. I swear I can't tell the difference, and I shoot em for practice.

Comment

No wrong answer here, both heads are proven. I have killed numerous animals with both and as long as I do my part theirs a dead critter at the end of the blood trail as with about any broad head on the market today.

Comment

Those shooting or wanting to shoot slick tricks check Cabelas for a 10 pack with replacement blades. We picked up a few there last year for like $78 i believe it was.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I finally got a heads up comparison! I’ve been slicktrick mag exclusive for longer than I can remember. Never failed. But tried a ramcat 1 3/8” on a doe at 12 yards this morning. I DRILLED this doe PERFECT!!! Broadhead remained together and all blades were straight and sharp.

Hole & Blood trail?: these wouldn’t make a pimple on the @$$ of any damage or trail left by a slicktrick. They did their job and I have no complaints but I’ll go back and stick with the tricks

Just my experience

This doe ran 200 yards (which every animal is different) and I can’t prove it but doubt the would have ran 60 with the same shot with a ST
                    Last edited by Low Fence; 10-06-2018, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                      I finally got a heads up comparison! I’ve been slicktrick mag exclusive for longer than I can remember. Never failed. But tried a ramcat 1 3/8” on a doe at 12 yards this morning. I DRILLED this doe PERFECT!!! Broadhead remained together and all blades were straight and sharp.

Hole & Blood trail?: these wouldn’t make a pimple on the @$$ of any damage or trail left by a slicktrick. They did their job and I have no complaints but I’ll go back and stick with the tricks

Just my experience

This doe ran 200 yards (which every animal is different) and I can’t prove it but doubt the would have ran 60 with the same shot with a ST
                      Why did she run 200 yards with a PERFECT shot? To me not so perfect and if hit with a Slick Trick or any other head EXACTLY like you hit her with a Ramcat, it would have been the same results. Just my opinion and I have used both also.

Comment

Killed deer with both, the only reason I kinda like slick trick better is the damage ramcats create. Shot buck through the shoulder and it was ruined lol. Like I shot it with a .270. Seriously both are deadly, and fly true!!!

Comment

Lol I knew you would be here fast. Lol

Head did it’s job, flew great, and I have zero complaints on performance... but it ain’t no slick trick blood trail for distance for a mid body up back leg exit arm pit shot. Guess I expected more with the hype I hear

Again great head... but won’t de throne my ST Mags as of yet

Comment

Went to Ramcats last year. Pass though on hogs and Deer. Good blood trails and very accurate. Have not tried a ST, heard complaints about rattling blades and that has kept me from trying them but both heads seem to be great for whitetail.

Comment

I use slick trick. Shot a doe this morning at 27yards. Caught her in the lungs and tracked VERY light blood (almost none) for 200 yards. No deer found. I’m thinking of switching to Ramcats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Another vote for ramcat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X